HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Actor exposure to strobes

Hybrid View

1. Default Actor exposure to strobes 
    Does anyone have any suggestions to help shield actors who are working in strobes? We can generally find a handful that can 'tolerate' being in strobes on a continual basis, but after several nights, they burn out too. We've tried sunglasses and welding goggles - these are difficult to see through between [flashes].
    Thanks for any input!

2. Default  
    Rotate them through, or have a "nook" with a black cloth door that allows them to retreat between patrons....?

3. Default  
    From the way you worded your post, I guess it's safe to say that there are usually a couple minutes between groups in your haunt, so why not give the actor in rooms with strobes control over them? Give them a foot switch or a light switch and have the actor turn it on before the guests reach their room and off after they exit. Just a thought, hope it helps.

4. Default  
    In my experience, two things seem to be the most effective. One, like mentioned before, give them a hiding place that isn't in the strobes. Two, have some form of constant light in the room, whether it's toward the front or at the end, somewhere the actor can get a break; just design the room so you still get the strobe effect you want.
    Bryce Ring
    St. Matthew House of Mayhem
    nightmareproductionz@gmail.com
    House of Mayhem

5. Default  
    When I was a haunt actor, strobes lead me to quit a particular haunted ghost town (in Vegas) I worked for. They stuck me in a slanted room (with a slanted floor), and it was dark except for a strobe light that ran constantly. Between my throbbing calves from the floor, and my headaches from the strobes, I lasted about two weeks before making an early exit from the season.

Strobes should be run on a trigger... Either a pressure mat, or a button the actor can trigger.

6. Default  
    Thanks for the feed back everyone; greatly appreciated. Need to look closely at these options and concerns.

Thread Information