HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: scareLA convention

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default scareLA convention 
    Who's producing this show?

2. Default  
    Whomever is doing joined the forums I approved their account today so you'll probably be hearing from them soon!

Larry

3. Default  
    Thanks Larry. I've since found out it's David Marklin and Lora Ivanova. Neither of which I've come across in the industry before.

4. Default  
    The producers of this show are pulling this together really well. Great line up of talent and resources. Who's going?

5. Default  
    I'm not part of this convention's production team but....................... Why is there not more conversation about this event on these boards? No chat about who's going. Some of the top pros in this business will be doing seminars on some of the most complex shows in the nation. I don't get it.

6. Default  
    Honestly I think there are way to many of these things now ... but seems like haunted house industry is growing in LA but I don't know that this warrants a show for it. I guess we'll see how this goes. Larry

7. Default  
    Honestly the forums here are always a little dead around this time of year. I may have something to do with a lot of haunts are opening for Sept. 13th and we have a little over 4 weeks to be ready. The other thing is that most people that go to conventions have gone to 1 or 2 already this year so they have used up any time for shows they may have had. The industry is getting so saturated with shows that people have to pick between them and they usually chose one the have enjoyed in the past. I know I go to 4 shows a year, Transworld, Midwest, Hauntcon and IAPPA. I don't know how I could do another and I will skip Hauntcon if the tour is not venues that I want to see. If the people of ScareLA wanted to get more buzz on this forum then all the need to do is come here and post things we may want to hear about, but I have seen practically nothing here about the show. Looks like they need a better PR person I guess.
    Phatman

8. Default  
    HMMMM........ Does sound like there is an over saturation problem. Any other factors?

9. Default  
    Robert,

I don't know who you consider a top pro... in my book a top pro is someone who owns a haunted house who is actually doing not just talking about it. So there we will totally disagree. Two I think a reason why people aren't talking about it is because no one cares. There is already to many shows out there way to many and it seems like everytime we blink our eyes there is another one.

Clearly the haunt industry has grown and with that people think they can make a buck off of it like start another magazine, start another website, start another tradeshow, offer the next best product or whatever... doesn't work like that.

I am not saying SCARELA won't be fun but c'mon now... there isn't a single person who is in the business that has time to attend this show. And going back to your original comment about top pros are speaking... I go back to what I just said if you are really a top pro then you are working 24 hours a day to get open.

Most haunts are opening on Friday the 13th... that is about one month away. Who has time for a tradeshow? Think about it!

Larry

10. Default  
    I will add one more comment and that is the has not been much marketing done in my view, a little on FB and not really much on Hauntworld, I would expect seeing it everywhere for a first time show. Would love to here some comments and photos from people going.
    Phatman

Thread Information