HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Anybody getting nervous?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Credit issued 
    Chase has issued credit to my account. Sad day. Believe it or not; as it sounds unbelievable; but my first experience with Scarefactory was amazing. Back 8 years ago we were a growing haunt with 4 years under our belt we subcontracted out the haunting and we concentrated on the corn maze. It was early Aug. many years ago when our subcontractor broke contract. Found this cool company on the internet called Scarefactory and called them. GOT THROUGH in Aug. to them. Odered Slayer on the Pediment, a couple pop up animatronics and the Tombstone Reaper. Drove down a few days later with the tandem axle grain truck and picked them up. Nothing to it. Have had Scissor Searpent, and other pieces as well over the years.

Been more than once on here they have been gang piled on by haunters complaining about break downs and I defended them saying I have not had problems...and I do maintance and lubrication to the pieces that should be done.

Just a shame they have such a nice display every year...and now I will just walk on by.

Wicked Farmer

2. Default bad press 
    Since not so good news can tend to cast bad shadows on others; and new haunts are reading this forum; I feel it is necesary to state that there are some fantastic prop makers out there who keep on top of all ends of their business like customer service. Poision Props, Night Frights (Ghost Bust & mirrior), and Distortions have been top notch all the way around every year I work with them. And Gore Galore's posting that they were stopping taking orders to avoid the above problem did not go unoticed.

Wicked Farmer

3. Default  
    Glad you got the credit!

I have always been impressed with their booth at TW, and have always put some of their props on my "Wish" list, but after all the complaints and seeing how they handle these complaints, looks like I will be spending my hard earned money else where.

Thanks for the details on this, as you have saved others from the same aggravation!

4. Default That is what this forum is for...sharing experiences 
    I have said this elsewhere on here before but will say it again. The customer service runs the full spectrum in haunt industry. As poor as one is another is beyond impressive. I had a prop from Distortions that had a problem (WAS NOT THEIR FAULT - Controller they use and get from another haunt company had put in wrong size fuse) But even though it was not their part that had problem they had correct fuse in my hand less than 24 hours later! You read that correct...not their fault but they still had part from 3rd company air shipped to me in less than 24 hours. hasn't missed a beat since. John Deere who I buy $160,000 combines and $100,000 tractors from cant even come close to a haunt company like Distortions for service. If you see Distortions show "Making Monsters" and it looks like chaos all the time ....remember you are watching a tv. show where chaos is what people want to see. Their service ROCKS!

Wicked Farmer

5. Default  
    Yea your right on the Customer Service thing. I have meet Ed from Distortions a few time and he is a straight-up cool cat and would never be worried about any purchase from them.

Being a farmboy myself, I know all about John Deere and I would say that sometimes you do get what you pay for, but there is not excuse for the customer service to be that way at SF or any where for that matter. Someday, fewer customers will take a bite out of the wallet if it hasn't already.

Good luck with the haunt this year!

PB

6. Default Starting to get a little nervous 
    We have had a couple of small problems with orders this year but they were all fixed in a timely manner. I still have one prop that hasn't showed its face yet. Gore galore gave me a delivery date of July, but August came and nothing, I wasn't too worried because I've never read anything negative about them. Then September rolled around and I am getting a little bit anxious, contacted them by email and was told it would be out the door last week, still haven't heard anything since, so yeah now I am a bit nervous!!! Hopefully I'm stressing over nothing. With that said, we had good deals with Creature Corps, Midnight Studios, Distortions (as always), and pumpkin pulp. Now just crossing my fingers that gore galore comes through really soon and doesn't give me a reason to skip their booth this year. I really love their stuff, but I don't do the whole fool me twice deal!

Update: received our order from gore galore today. It's awesome and I am totally glad I was worried for nothing. Thanks Kevin!!!
    Last edited by Trepidation acres; 09-26-2013 at 07:04 PM.

7. Default  
    Yes, there are excellent companies out there Fright Props gets 5 stars also!

8. Default  
    Yes, I also love fright props! Some of the best customer service in the business! I didn't mean to forget them, just thought it was common knowledge!

9. Default wow! 
    Have heard of two haunts (spoke DIRECTLYwith the OWNERS) that they both had prop shipped back to SF for fixing (one broke after 2 days) and after a long wait they BOTH had an UNFIXED prop sent back to them. Do not be surprised to see t-shirts in St. Louis saying something like "Ask me why I will never buy from Scarefactory again". They are checking legality of it now! But after going on for a couple years now and always promised it will be taken care of lets just say THEY ARE PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wicked Farmer

10. Default Please don't worry 
    trepidation acres.
    please PM me the name the order is under and your invoice # if you have it and let me double check your delivery date for you.
    Not to worry, if you gave us a DEADLINE delivery date, and we said we could do it, you will have it.
    We wont leave you hanging without an answer, regardless.
    It has been a crazier than normal year.
    We always do our best, but things happen you can't for see.
    This is the way it is for ALL companies.
    But the best thing any vendor can do is make sure our customers know where we are at.... NO matter what the problem is.

Thread Information