HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Glenn hetrick's royal creature society

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default there were "some" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    People who would only EVER buy a Buick or a Pontiac or Oldsmobile and GM pandered to this , so what happened?
    People smartened up? A rose by any other name is still a thorny little pricking thing.
    The "Name" can sell but not forever. Things change.
    If someone's ego is large enough.. then they can save a fortune because they never need toilet paper, since everything they produce is So special, they can sell it and fight off the crowds trying to lick their butt clean!

2. Question  
    Quote Originally Posted by Infoamtek View Post
    Dark Tiki, you cannot make up credits on IMDb, they are vetted and you need proof you did what you said you did. Uncredited usually means you worked for a shop where the boss wanted all the credit. But yes, Glenn is a bit of a pompous ass with his Goth affectation.
    I wonder how you prove you did uncredited work on a movie 15 years ago? I'm not questioning your assertion that IMDB credits are vetted, I'm just wondering (given the tens of thousands of people, films, and TV shows listed on IMDB) how IMDB has the time and resources to fact check (with proof) every credit on every film and every episode of every TV show? That would seem an almost impossible task for anyone.

3. Default  
    Because production companies keep records of everything that got money from that production and when you send in for credit on IMDb, you send them some sort of proof that they can check. It's what I have had to do for my IMDb credits. You send the proof and if it checks out you get IMDb credit.

4. Default  
    I must admit I am pretty disappointed that everyone is attacking this Gentleman.
    However, He has made an effort, as well as many others who would never have made their way to this industry before, and this is how he is treated. What if he were to see this thread. SO, very insulting. He has made an effort to be a part of this industry, and he gets treated like crap.

But you must realize he was invited to attend the Transworld show, He didn't know anything about it, until Tim Bunch invited him to attend the Transworld show after the Transworld board asked who should we invite to exhibit, and believe it or not he got a booth. He didn't need to bring his company to the show, and that made him decide to start a website and provide product to this industry.
    As well as many others from TV and other celebrity status individuals. Those from Faceoff, and Robert Kurtzman's Creature Corps. SO, What I am saying is our industry has grown so much that it is pulling outside talent into this industry. Imats makeup artists and film talent And that is something to be proud of.

But if this is how you are going to treat people, then why should they.

You know everyone has the right to have their opinion. But remember what your momma used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".

5. Default  
    I agree with you Kevin,,,,but, momma also said treat people like you want to be treated so there you go....
    its the way he acts, speaks and treats people that is the problem. He should be humble ,gracious & helpful.
    He thinks he walks on water and can barely give you the time to even speak to him, like your a big bother.
    Its not only on this site but even facebook has said the same thing. I know for a fact that he has seen these posts on other sites and he still remains a douche.....

Stew

6. Default  
    In his defense, it is hard to act nice and humble when there are thousands of people that you don't know, clamoring and demanding a piece of your time and effort for free, because they think they know you because you're a celebrity.

7. Default  
    Well said, Mr. Alvey.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

8. Default  
    Very True Info!
    How come other celebs can be gracious and nice .
    No excuse. He should never agreed to come if he cant handle it period.........

Stew

9. Default  
    Ok,
    Let me give you a story that really put Glen on defense at the show. Now, I don't know Glen, I just met him once, and poked a little fun at him actually. I asked him if he wanted my autograph. He smiled and was gracious, and he realized that I was not some fan boy. I am not a fanboy of anyone. I know that all celebs are just people.

Well, Glen and I were talking at one of the after hours parties. I didn't really want to share this because it was a private conversation. But it really helps to illustrate a point.
    He was approached and asked for an autograph and a photograph while standing in a stall in a bathroom while taking a leak. After that, well he just didn't know what to think about some people. He said it really hit a nerve with him. This is no joke, this really happened.

10. Default  
    That's funny cause I posted that on Larry's post lastnight but deleted it cause I thought I was being preachie but in the home fitness world I get asked for my autograph at events
    and more then once at the urinal. I am surprised he got "pissed" at that. If you don't want it get off the stage. I think he has created a character too and that's smart and recognizable for probably promoting himself to those outside his niche. I talked to him at the Mansion after dinner, he was nice to me, to my wife and daughter.. Was not in character. He was also more then nice to a fanatic who came up to him. His masks are obviously targeted to the collector and with his platform shouldn't have a problem pushing them. Just my experience with him....

Thread Information