HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Reality Show ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    The dirty little secret about "reality" shows is that they are scripted with a story arc and edits will be done to find the words and actions to fit the script. To the television industry types that put together these shows, the haunt industry is weird. They will play up the weird angle to the detriment of all else to make their point. Remember, they are telling their story, not yours. Also, they will lie to your face and bullshit you to get what they want.

2. Default Well, They should 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Get what THEY WANT! Since they are paying for it!
    "Yesum massa, I iz hustling , yoo make me what you think you need to make a good show fo u."
    I suggest you might stop the show when they begin using that old news reporter's question:"Have you stopped beating your Wife yet?"
    You say "Yes" (means you were beating her.) "No" says you are still beating her. They win you don't.
    One production company paid me "0" and still got what they wanted as they ignored the part of the contract that said they were going to mention our business , our website, phone number. They never even said :"Ravens Grin Inn!"
    They just said:"We "found" this strange house owned by a guy named "Jim" in Illinois." Illinois is as big as France, does this help us any? How many "Jim's" live in Illinois? They "Found" my house after it has been on numerous Tv shows and newspapers, books, on-line sites. It wasn't "Lost!"
    The guy who puts the carrot on the string, and hangs it on a stick in front of the donkey's nose.. has many distinct advantages over the Donkey..unless you need to kid yourself to feel un-used, or incharge of yourself.

3. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Not so fast na sayers... Has any watched Tree House Masters or Tanked, Counts Customs, Pawn Stars, American Pickers, ect. do you think doing a show has hurt them, if anything it was a boom for them. In the end it will show people just how much goes into your work and gives them in sight as to why it cost what it cost. I think you handled yourself well on shipping wars and it was the guy who was bring it to you that looked bad but he always does. (can't stand Roy) I think the show would be a hit and would get people out to see a haunt at Halloween, there's tons of Halloween fans that would tune in.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

4. Default check with someone who has done one 
    Didn't Ed at Distortions ramp up his business pretty big with the series he is doing? Check with him and maybe another similar one for feedback as to the ups and downs of the idea. See if you can have some control over the process and storyline. Duck Dynesty is hot right now, but Larry I don't know if you would look with a big long gray beard....... LOL
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Haunted Cave, Fort Wayne Indiana

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.facebook.com/hauntedcave

5. Default Famous!.. but "Famous enough? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Famous and profitable enough to afford the security , body guards to keep the nutcases away?
    Fame but not enough money to protect and keep you alive?
    Not a bargain.
    Truly the devil's deal.

6. Default Ive always looked at you as a 
    Mentor a teacher a leader ect in the haunt biz. You have been a great inspiration since I first started going to your haunts almost or about 20 years ago! Keep teaching! Spread the knowledge! Pass it on! Let everyone know about hauntworld, haunted houses and Halloween! And maybe more future haunters will come of this! Make it a positive thing! All I can say Larry is do it! You have done everything else! Why not?!
    Damon
    www.frightmaster.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by damon carson View Post
    Yoo hoo? Moderators?

You guys wouldn't have let my post see the light of day if I said the F word.

DA

8. Default just do it 
    but like everyone says use caution with who you work with. You know it would be a hit so many of us watch anything somewhat haunt related. From face off to monster man I even tried to watch that awful cosplay show. The best thing I ever seen on tv even though it was edited down to a few minutes was the minis-odes for AMC they filmed out at Kevin Mccurdy's

9. Default  
    Woah wait...Damon explain yourself buddy why was I drug into this...it clearly says SPOOKHOLE, I know I am always on your mind but damn man...get the right user at least
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

10. Default  
    Call me crazy but I too was approached and signed the talent contract last week.Were signed up and ready to shoot !!! We actually had a sizzle shot last yr for anther show and was approached for a reality haunt project . Freemantle (American Idol producers ) spoke with me last Sept however they wanted to completely down play the haunted house so re declined. Our concern is positive exposure for the industry !!!
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Thread Information