HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Frightprops solenoid help

Hybrid View

1. Default Frightprops solenoid help 
    I am putting together a prop together and am pretty new with controller and solenoids, so I'm just looking for some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong. I have a motion detector hooked up to my picoboo jr to trigger a solenoid to open for an airblast, but when the controller activates the the solenoid nothing happens. I wired everything exactly like the diagrams showed and checked to make sure I did it right and still nothing. Any trouble shooting advice? I checked frightprops site and there isn't much about solenoids.
    Last edited by Trepidation acres; 08-17-2013 at 10:49 PM.

2. Default Solenoid 
    Hello Trepidation. Without a picture or schematic of what you have done this will be a little tougher.
    How are you powering your solenoid? The Picoboo Jr. Will work for this set up. You can power the solenoid independently or use power from the controller with a jumper wire provided you have a 12 volt dc valve. Frightprops has a manual online for this controllers wiring options. If the manual does not do the trick come back and we will get you figured out. Here is the link to the web page. http://www.frightprops.com/faq/index...=99&artlang=en

3. Default  
    My solenoid is 12 vdc, I am using the picoboo jr to power it via jumper wire. I wired it exactly how the diagram in the booklet showed. When triggered the led light on the solenoid lights up and I hear it activate but no air comes out of output.

4. Default  
    How many ports on your valve?

List of things to check:
    Power to the controller
    Air to the valve
    Make sure controller is programmed to operate the function where your valve connects (#1 or #2)
    Check to make sure it is wired properly
    You can run the program manually to check the valve without a trigger
    You can check the valve with the button on it to make sure air goes through it
    Last edited by horrorman666; 08-17-2013 at 11:58 PM.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by horrorman666 View Post
    How many ports on your valve?
    Just two, input and output

6. Default  
    Is it the 1/2" dump valve for an air cannon?

Thread Information