HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Nun Actor – Yes/ No ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Everything has its own place.
    It depends on what your nun is doing or saying!

If she is warning people and saying prayers ..That would be fine.

If she is all bloody stabbing something with a cross. NO

stew

2. Default  
    YES! Remember you wouldn't be the first to do this movies have done this multiple times ... so 110% YES! I think people are scared of them... I know I was when I was a youth going to catholic school! Larry

3. Default  
    We have an Acting Coach position (1 for every 15 actors) where our best actors perform as roamers and coach other actors. They interact with the other actors showing them performance techniques and tips. I was thinking about trying one as a nun. He/she could interact with the staff and patients in the asylum. As an authoritative figure dishing out discipline while interacting with our guests.

Definitely won’t do anything demonic. Thanks again for your thoughts and comments!

Have a great season!! Just a month away.

Kelly Collins
    The ScareAtorium

4. Default  
    Just thought I would share the current success we are having with our nun character. She greets them when they arrive and lines them up against the wall before reading them the rules before entering the haunt. She carries a ruler and smacks it against her hand as she reads the rules. This includes telling everyone to spit out their gum (as she holds up a trash can). It’s funny to watch, but everyone is intimated as she orders them about. Our nun is actually a guy dressed as a woman. No one can tell it’s a guy. He wears a Habit and a padded bra and hip pads. Also black heeled shoes and he’s face painted with an old age appearance. He/she sounds like an 80 year old female chain smoker!

Lots of groups want their picture taken with her as they leave. We haven’t had any complaints about using a nun in this position either. I’ll try to post a picture later.

Kelly Collins

The ScareAtorium Columbus, Ohio

5. Default Have one at the Haunted Hotel-13th Floor this year 
    We have one girl dressing as a nun with no complaints.
    Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
    Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Haunted Cave, Fort Wayne Indiana

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.facebook.com/hauntedcave

6. Default Go for it! 
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    YES! Remember you wouldn't be the first to do this movies have done this multiple times ... so 110% YES! I think people are scared of them... I know I was when I was a youth going to catholic school! Larry
    I agree with Larry. Movies do it all the time! I am a priest in our event this year and we are in SW Missouri. I was a little reluctant because we try to avoid anything religious. Also, without getting too personal, I grew up as a preacher’s son in a very conservative religion.
    It might be different for some haunts but with ours we have a different story line every year. So I convinced myself that it wasn’t a big deal because it is a character in a story. My setting is similar to one mentioned above. The room before mine is the mortician and my room is like a chapel for a funeral. I don’t do anything sacrilegious and I haven’t had any complaints or noticed anyone being uncomfortable with it.
    Here is a link to our story this year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuqylLny4fY
    I’ll post pictures of my character later.

Thread Information