HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Hangsmans - Dallas Texas to Close

Hybrid View

1. Default Hangsmans - Dallas Texas to Close 

2. Default  
    The day Hangsman closes will be a sad day. I went through it with he Hauntcon tour this year and I was very impressed with what could be done with very little funds. What the volunteers did with just about $200 per room was very impressive. The made things from scratch and with hard work was professional quality. I truly hope that someone steps up to take over and keep this going in the future.
    Phatman

3. Default  
    It's always sad to see any haunt go, especially one that has a great reputation.

But it does sound pretty dated, full of cliches and all the stuff you'd expect from decades past,

"The theme for the final Hangman’s is “Unhappily Ever After,” and returns to one of the most popular themes in Hangman’s history: “scary tales.”
    There will be riffs on Pinocchio, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Wizard of Oz, Hansel and Gretel and other classic tales. And of course perennial favorites, such as the black-and-white checkered room, the scary clowns and the spinning tunnel, will remain. So will the 3-D Wonderland attraction and the Labyrinth maze. The attraction previously inhabited by scary hillbillies in “McDagenville” will change to an on-trend zombie theme of “outbreak.”

I wish her and the team there luck!

DA

4. Default  
    Dark I know it sounds cheesy but it really was a lot better than it sounds. Out of the 22 haunt we went to on the Hauntcon tour I would say that most like it a lot. It ranked in the top 5 or 6 we saw and for enjoyment factor I personally thought it was a great venue with band stand, a very good 3D haunt and it was very large. What they did with other people's leftovers was impressive and a testament of the dedicated crew they must have. I personally saw a lot Allen Hopps in the place you could tell they watch his YouTube channel. I wish them some luck it would be a shame if this place closes, but if they loose the land it's on it would too much to move and that may seal its fate.
    Phatman

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    It's always sad to see any haunt go, especially one that has a great reputation.

But it does sound pretty dated, full of cliches and all the stuff you'd expect from decades past,

"The theme for the final Hangman’s is “Unhappily Ever After,” and returns to one of the most popular themes in Hangman’s history: “scary tales.”
    There will be riffs on Pinocchio, Jack and the Beanstalk, The Wizard of Oz, Hansel and Gretel and other classic tales. And of course perennial favorites, such as the black-and-white checkered room, the scary clowns and the spinning tunnel, will remain. So will the 3-D Wonderland attraction and the Labyrinth maze. The attraction previously inhabited by scary hillbillies in “McDagenville” will change to an on-trend zombie theme of “outbreak.”

I wish her and the team there luck!

DA
    Coming from someone who's actually been there, I couldn't disagree more. It's a very unique attraction and setup and is far from a typical "charity haunt". I can't speak for everyone but the general consensus on the HAuNTcon tour was that people would take Hangman's over Cutting Edge any day.
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

6. Default  
    Mike I agree I was very disappointed in Cutting Edge, I thought the best part was the que line band and the clown in que line actor. Hangman's was by far the suprise of the tour and just goes to show us that you don't have to spend lots of money to have a good haunt and that bigger is not always better. I hope Hangman will still be there on my next trip to Dallas.
    Phatman

7. Default  
    I am sad to see hangmans come to an end !!! Hangmans has always been a traditional haunt here in TX. Down town Ft worth will not b the same !!!
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Thread Information