HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Hangsmans - Dallas Texas to Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Trying to figure out what you're saying Mr. Haunt.. confused
    Why wouldn't a non profit haunt take cost out of funds. That doesn't make sense to me since even investors can make profit on a non profit. If set up as a foundation it can give as little as 5% minus cost and the rest could stay in the assets and operating cost. Not sure in the logic in making a donation to a non profit haunt to keep it open unless its your charity write off. Since its funds should be self supportive as any non profit biz. What I am missing here?

2. Default  
    Hell no should a pro haunter cut a check to ANY other haunts that's just plain stupid logic. They can cut a check to the charity directly but like it or not its the business world and you want to crush your competition and lame or not a charity haunt is competing against a pro and therefore not someone to pay money too. It's dog eat dog in the real world if the charity haunt can't keep up with the big pro one anymore then move on to doing bake sales. Not trying to be a jerk but that's how things work. You know what the old saying is CHARITY STARTS AT HOME".

DA

3. Default  
    Part of it could be what's called "Minnesota Nice", haunts up here are not in the business to put others out of business. Nor are they competing for who is better then the other or who has more of the expensive stuff. There are no haunts up this direction also that I would consider full-time haunts that work on their profession in a permanent location. Yes they never move, but they don't have the space to them selves 365 days of the year because they either run another business through out the year or the space is used for something else.

After laying in bed last night I did think of this, one for profit haunt doesn't need to provide ALL of the funds but maybe a couple. I guess there would be some people on this forum who don't understand my idea and there are going to be those who would say well why would anybody want to do that?

If you have reached that question, then you may never understand I would again much rather be friends with other local haunters and maybe that's what it comes down to. Who is friendly and who isn't would be the question??? Why would you want to help out someone who doesn't deserve it, but why not do it for someone who does???

I know haunting is a business or a part of a business, I guess I would just be the bigger person to go out of my way to do something nice for another haunt who shares the same passion as I do. No I wouldn't just do it for anyone shoot maybe it wouldn't be a donation strait to the charity, but maybe as a "silent sponsor" it would be a gift either way.

If I am to warm and fuzzy about the whole idea then I am. I just would never be in the business to hurt others and if someone in the business was struggling, had a good reputation, were friendly in return, and was passionate about what they were doing I would try and help them anyway I could.

Just me I guess.

Mr. Haunt

4. Default  
    I am one of those that it's better to work together than be combative. I try to work with everyone and give them support to be the best they can be. Just this year I have loaned out over 100 walls, 4 coffin wall vac forms, 9 toe pincher coffins, and 40 mask. This did not cost me any thing and I look at it as when I am in need these people will come to support me. I do business as if we are family and if you cannot do business then I have no need for you. I had the opportunity to open a location this year and had 3 other haunts volunteer to help me build it with their employee, all I can say is these are the people that I can trust and will do any thing for. Being negative builds negativity and that is not a good environment for any business no mater what it is.
    Phatman

5. Default  
    Mr haunt have you considered that's its the lack of killer instinct that's resulted in the lack of a major successful haunt in your city?

It's a dog eat dog world and you can tell the real businessmen by how big and successful they are the soft cant we all just get along guys will stay mediocre.

DA

6. Default  
    Dark you could not be more wrong I can show you a whole bunch of haunts in the Dallas area that all pretty much get along and they are very successful. I know one in particular that has built there own building from the ground up and has paid it off lock stock and barrel in 6 years. All you need to do is talk with Allen Hopps about how they do it down there. I have owned my own companies for over 35 years and I can say that when I was in a dog eat dog inviroment I made less money. When you do is worry about what everyone else is doing you are not watching your own house. I don't let any companies get a edge in my back yard but that does not mean that I am not a gentleman. The Hangman's Haunt problem is not a problem with the competition from what I saw of it, it is more the same story you find with most charity haunts, they do well until the person that was the driving force behind it needs to hand it over to someone else and they find there is nobody to hand it to. And if you read the article that is one of the points that was made.
    Phatman

7. Default  
    Its certainly not Minnesota down
    here !!! In Texas your competition will happily hang you from a tree, slit your throat and watch you bleed out all with a smile on their face !!! I climbed down from that tree a time or 2 myself !!!. Hangmans could probably last another 10 yrs. I do not feel its for lack of resources that they are closing . Deann has been doing this a long time and may just wish to have a life for herself. Those of you who know her wouldn't consider think for a sec her going down with out a fight unless its by her choice.
    I have fond memories and will Miss her and the haunt !!! Hangmans was my first to act in 22 yrs ago !!
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

8. Default  
    FYI
    I am certainly not against any other haunts writing me a check lol !!!! address on request !!
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

9. Default  
    Phatman,

Thank you for your kind words and support, maybe it amounts to what state you live in.

For the record all of the haunts in Minnesota do very well and are very large in size, and have multiple attractions. Plus they keep up with something close to Knotts Amusement park. Don't judge or dismantle any of our haunts and let your ego get the best of you as our haunts are 20+ years in operation.

Mr. Haunt

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Wax Sculptor View Post
    Its certainly not Minnesota down
    here !!! In Texas your competition will happily hang you from a tree, slit your throat and watch you bleed out all with a smile on their face !!! I climbed down from that tree a time or 2 myself !!!. Hangmans could probably last another 10 yrs. I do not feel its for lack of resources that they are closing . Deann has been doing this a long time and may just wish to have a life for herself. Those of you who know her wouldn't consider think for a sec her going down with out a fight unless its by her choice.
    I have fond memories and will Miss her and the haunt !!! Hangmans was my first to act in 22 yrs ago !!
    Exactly and that's how it should be not this kumbaya nonsense. Business is like sports, and war, its survival of the fittest and only the hungriest will thrive. You immediately contradicted Phatman saying Texas haunts all get along. What people say to your face and what they do or want to do is entirely different.

Does Coke and Pepsi work together? How about Home Depot and lowes? Does Disney and universal have meetings in how they can help each other? Let me answer that its a resounding NO WAY they want to destroy each other and that's the competitive nature in business!

DA

Thread Information