HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Jay Juneau - Juneau Studio Problem....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default no i have not 
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Aunt Nancy View Post
    Sorry for your dilemma. Mine is worse. I am into him for $3,000.00 for a product that we contracted to be delivered in May 2013. A couple of phone calls, but now the cell is unanswered, the emails get no response and I can't find him anywhere. I am so panicked because this prop is the center of my Haunt and I can't do a thing without it. I've even offered to drive down to North Hollywood to get it, but I believe he is at a warehouse in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. The address I sent a money order to is at a residence on Cliffrose Drive, but lists as a residence. Transworld and Haunt World all give him rave reviews, but Jay Juneau has disappeared.

So disappointed,
    Nancy Weatherman
    The Junipero Haunting
    Atascadero, CA

I did talk to you 2 weeks ago???

no our haunted house is there... we are in Los angeles and China.

We are a little behind... our company was robbed a few months ago. (12 others were also robbed in our area)

it put us behind because they took tools,camers, lots of items, bank info( got into our account, all our company computers, even our back up computer that had all the videos and codes we use. took some time to redo codes for the items we sell. it wasa big hit for us, but we are okay

they cut a big hole in the wall and came in, they did this to all the places they robbed...

could of been worse, they burned one place to the ground after they robbed it, they did get the 5 guys(its a family thing) they broke into a car dealership on a sunday, when the cops got there,4 of the 5 were armed with guns... the cops searched there house and found one hard drive of ours, they kept it because of all the halloween pics on it lol

they go to court sep 13th for my case.

i did talk to you about this, you said most places would fold, not us

its close to being done, i did offer a refund, but you said you wanted the item

(we farmed out part of it, they are the reason we are behind on this project.) we have one part left to build, when they are done...

i would rather just give you a refund then be bashed on here. then when the item is done i will offer it for sale.

did not go any place just working hard, would not go any where my brother is a police officer for more the 20 years in Los Angeles.

i know you did call sunday and monday, will call you today working 4 am till 6 or 7 pm

thanks

2. Default company page 
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredFX View Post
    Alright, hopefully someone can help me out here. I hate coming here asking for help with this kind of bullshit.

Jay from Juneau Studios called me a week before transworld last year asking for a half mask ($250 mask) for one of his animatronics. I went out of my way to make sure he had a mask to complete his prop. I brought the mask to the show and gave it to him a few days before the show opened. He said he would pay me for it at the end of the show. Show ended, no money. I have tried calling him, email, facebook on both his page and company page, and have had NO communication back.

I was about the get in touch with him for a few short messages on facebook in june saying he would be home in august and would pay me then. So i waited. Sure enough, STILL NOTHING!

It's only $250, but what bothers me most is how i went completely out of my way to make him something and then for him to just screw me over like this.
    If anyone is planning to order from him i would be careful. I cannot speak for others, but as for myself i would never purchase from him with this kind of communication and service.
    o did not know you posted on our company page too,i have a company do our website updates and company facebook updates. i am not on there, but they should of told me... i will talk to them

give me a call.

3. Default  
    Just make sure you get everyone taken care of Jay and you can give mine to Damon.
    Phatman

4. Default No problems here 
    I feel compelled to post on this one and can only speak to my experiences as a first year haunter. I rely on forum posts as one tool to provide input about vendors with which I select to do business. I have ordered from Juneau Studios and have experienced great communication via email and phone conversations. The item was delivered and is functioning at my expectation. As a matter of fact, I placed another order again this week with Jay. Further, I am looking forward to seeing the new products he will develop for the haunt industry.

5. Default  
    Part of being a good vendor is communication with your customers so even if you can't deliver on time make sure you can communicate that to them... additionally that what you say you are going to do is what you do. In other words take one thing to the show and deliver something entirely different.

Lastly is that vendors pay their bills to other vendors no matter who it is... we've seen a lot of vendors over the years not pay their bills and get trashed. I have brought up the fact to these guys multiple times they owe us money but nothing ever gets done about it. Now another vendor is claiming the same thing... does that mean he's a bad vendor or a bad businessman or what? In my book you are a bad vendor if you take care of your customers but at the same time screw people who you bought stuff from to complete those orders... for multiple of reasons. For one if you screw enough people they can't fill your order anymore because they can't get what they need. In the end everything comes around to bite you in the ass...

All vendors should pay their bills, take care of the customers, communicate with everyone and not let things drag on just be honest... hey i'm not paying it and that is that or you are and when.

Bottom line is this I'm not saying anyone here is or isn't a bad vendor however I am saying that you need to pay your bills to everyone in order to be a good vendor in my book.

Larry

6. Default  
    Jay has been a big problem for at least 5 years I know of.
    He has ripped me off and I know a whole lot of others...they can speak for themselves.
    Also when heat comes down on him for not providing an item he attacks you and tries to ruin your good name.
    Your better off staiyng away, he has bad vending habits.
    First mistakes is speaking with him because he is a smooth soft talker, thats where he gets you with his lines of bullshit.

You will get it severely late or will never get it at all....
    Stew
    Charles Stewart
    Mentor, Ohio
    Last edited by Darksidestew; 09-05-2013 at 04:03 PM.

7. Default  
    Stew you know me from all our deals, I pay fast and am easy to deal with. I have never had a problem with Jay myself so all I can do is say how he was with me. I have heard of problems but from what I know they were all taken care of. Just like this one, he has the opertunity take care of it and if he does not then he deserves what he gets. I am sorry that you have not had any luck dealing with him because I know that you are a stand up guy and easy to deal with.
    Phatman

8. Default  

please watch this video, it shows the liar charles stewart is mad because we stopped him in 2011 from selling copies of our product.

in the email he said how he loves our stuff and wants to buy more.

this guy is a lier, he never bought any items from us only tried to sell copies of our stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Darksidestew View Post
    Jay has been a big problem for at least 5 years I know of.
    He has ripped me off and I know a whole lot of others...they can speak for themselves.
    Also when heat comes down on him for not providing an item he attacks you and tries to ruin your good name.
    Your better off staiyng away, he has bad vending habits.
    First mistakes is speaking with him because he is a smooth soft talker, thats where he gets you with his lines of bullshit.

You will get it severely late or will never get it at all....
    Stew
    Charles Stewart
    Mentor, Ohio

9. Default Jay Juneau has disappeared. 
    Jay, just call me as you promise and be honest with me. (You called a month ago, not two weeks ago, promising to call me the next Friday for a delivery route from San Francisco.) Seems like everyone is in crunch mode, so you are not alone. We are all trying to run businesses in an economy that sucks. You did talk with me about your break in and I understand how dis-empowering this makes someone, I also had a similar experience and shared that with you. We pick up and we go on. This is not bashing here, this is frustration with lack of communication. You still have a reputation of making great products and I want to work with you. I can drive to pick it up, but need an honest completion date. You have my cell and I have yours.

Still no call,
    CAN

10. Default  
    Jay,

I didn't get a call either.

Charge up that cell phone brother! You got my number call me and lets get this resolved... if you are doing so well over there making bank then this shouldn't be an issue for you brother. I hope you are doing well!

Good for you!

Larry

Thread Information