HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Distortions gives in to dog lovers... Check this out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default Distortions gives in to dog lovers... Check this out 
    Check this out folks

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...18406564910307

A bunch of stupid dog lovers are trying to make Distortions stop selling a PROP of a dead dog and Distortions gave in... whats next a dead body, an electric chair what?

Post on there and call these morons what they are morons!

Larry
    559902_639434002738007_1061566000_n.jpg

2. Default  
    Bowing down to dog lovers this takes the cake as Distortions says they will pull the prop... I would tell them to take their dog for a walk into a lake and stop picking on small business owners. These people are idiots!

Larry

3. Default  
    Larry,
    It is hard to argue with STUPID. It is like banging your head up against the wall. I don't think Distortions should pull the prop. "If you don't like the show turn the channel!"
    Bart Butler
    HobNob Productions
    http://www.brainchowstudios.com

4. Default  
    If you give in on this one thing they will want more. I really can't believe Ed would turn his back on items that made him what he is. He may as well gut half his line. As for the "Animal Lovers" that feel offended get a life. I would say that 99% of these people are not his target audience anyway. His continuing success with Making Monsters is proof enough of that. I love animals too but I am not STUPID enough to be offended by a fake prop. Yes STUPID
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

5. Default  
    Yah, you'd think that activist had more...constructive things to do than to put the pressure on Ed and his crew. That's pretty lame. It's a hard spot for Ed though - because he may have felt like he was in a no-win situation. On one hand he has an activist group breathing down his neck and on the other the haunt industry. Either way you piss someone off.

I'd think though that activist have some more "real" problems to fight, like you know, actual abuse on animals...not a Halloween prop.

Just my meager $0.02

-Mike Ruyle

6. Default  
    All I can say is, has Ed become a TV star and not a prop builder. The only reason to give in is to satisfy the viewers of the TV show, not haunters. If his concerns were for the people that buy his products this would not be a consideration. Sorry Ed but when ratings are more important than artistic freedoms then it may be time to decide if you are a hauter or a TV personality. They tried to do the same with the guys from Duck Dynasty and their response was shove it where the sun don't shine. Maybe you could send the molds over to Creepy Colection or Dark Ride and they can make them, I am sure they won't bow down for TV ratings. I just lost a little respect for the Distortions crew, I thought they were hard core horror guys, but I was wrong.
    Phatman

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    Check this out folks

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...18406564910307

A bunch of stupid dog lovers are trying to make Distortions stop selling a PROP of a dead dog and Distortions gave in... whats next a dead body, an electric chair what?

Post on there and call these morons what they are morons!

Larry
    559902_639434002738007_1061566000_n.jpg
    First of all let me say that not all dog lovers are stupid, and the people you are refering to are more like animal extremists. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous, these people are fine with all the blood and gore until that blood and gore belongs to an animal. I don't understand the thought process! The prop doesn't offend me at all, and I love my dogs. From a business point of view, Distortions probaly did the right thing. It takes the heat off of them and they can go back to peacefully doing what they do best. I just saw this today and have been posting good comments on their page to counter these lunatics. I think everyone should go post something good on their page, they have got to be sick of being bombarded by all the negative crap. We all know them to be a great company and great people, we should show some support.

8. Default Walmart 
    It seems like its deeper then what we thought...Almost like the people put pressure on Walmart...who then turned around and said well its Morris..Morris then turned and said its Distortions....I can see Morris saying something to Ed because they dont wanna loose the walmart account...therefore making Distortions buckle and pull the prop

http://www.examiner.com/article/walm...id-public-fury
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    It seems like its deeper then what we thought...Almost like the people put pressure on Walmart...who then turned around and said well its Morris..Morris then turned and said its Distortions....I can see Morris saying something to Ed because they dont wanna loose the walmart account...therefore making Distortions buckle and pull the prop

http://www.examiner.com/article/walm...id-public-fury
    Well there you go, it's business.

10. Default  
    What concerns me the most is that this has set a precedent and given this group of animal activists/extremists a victory. I'm sure it won't stop now, now that Distortions has empowered this group and the media has picked it up. Watch out for the next National headlines: "Animal Activists who WIN Animal Cruelty fight with popular TV show now turn their attention to the atrocities seen in Haunted Attractions". Just in time for Halloween.

Of course, it could all be great for business.

Dwayne
    13th Gate

Thread Information