HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What an fool... Naked Haunted House Offered

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Default People Go To A NUDE Beach, don't They ????? 
    Hey, it's all in fun. a gimmick. something DIFFERENT........I give the guy credit for trying SOMETHING......... at least you can wear your UNDERPANTS !!!!!! TATER would approve of that !!!!!!

2. Default  
    What does Tater know he dresses up like a woman drinking urine of course he's going to love this idea... LOL. He's probably going to the first one in line!

As for nude beaches and I'm not 110% on this but you are thinking of beaches in Europe where things like sex and drugs and everything is more progressive in thinking. I don't know if there are nude beaches in the US or not I don't think so. I do know they have nudist camps in the US and they get harassed because I knew a guy who was a member.

Larry

3. Default  
    Sorry it took me so long to respond to this...Was out at a haunt waiting in line to go through naked...apparently you can only be naked after midnight, and cant just show up naked....also, they DONT wanna see your "Helicopter" trick that you can do
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

4. Default  
    I can't see the downside to cashing in on 'Naked and Afraid'. The haunt industry uses things that are in the media all the time.

This one is brilliant. You get the PR, and you get few, if any, people actually taking you up on it.

I don't see a downside. Respectability? Please. What's the downside?

All the negative comments sound like sour grapes and prudery.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    What does Tater know he dresses up like a woman drinking urine of course he's going to love this idea... LOL. He's probably going to the first one in line!

As for nude beaches and I'm not 110% on this but you are thinking of beaches in Europe where things like sex and drugs and everything is more progressive in thinking. I don't know if there are nude beaches in the US or not I don't think so. I do know they have nudist camps in the US and they get harassed because I knew a guy who was a member.

Larry
    There's definitely one in NJ.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by tater View Post
    sorry it took me so long to respond to this...was out at a haunt waiting in line to go through naked...apparently you can only be naked after midnight, and cant just show up naked....also, they dont wanna see your "helicopter" trick that you can do
    puhahahahahahahahaha
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

7. Default Let me clarify a little... 
    I design and build sets for Pat, so i've got the whole story on this...

FIRST, this is only open after the park is closed and all other attractions are finished. The only actors in the haunt are 18+ years old and only female. NO touching is aloud and air lines have been run through out the haunt to use instead of touching. All the actors working in the building are approved vets that have respect and will not do anything foolish.

SECOND, you head into a pre-show building with your group (only YOUR group) and stripe down naked or in underwear. You then enter the haunt with ONLY your group and go through. Please also note that they are going through one of the darkest attractions we have, there are tons of extremely dark rooms and dark hallways. When you come out you get your clothes back and are still hidden in the exit area where you can change back into your clothes.

Of course your going to have people hate it, and your going to have people who love it. I've heard tons of both, but here is the best part... if you don't like it, DON'T PARTICIPATE!
    At no point will you drive by and accidentally see naked people running around having sex. This is an extremely controlled environment.

He is getting tons of press for this, its genius PR. If someone robs a bank with one of our silicone masks, we are going to market them as hyper realistic masks and capitalize on it, not stop selling them!

My .02 on the matter.

8. Default  
    Donít know that I would do it at our haunt, but I must admit; it has garnered a lot of attention. At least 20 of my co-workers and friends have been asking me about it; they heard it on local radio stations and were curious about it. No one ever asks me about haunts outside of Columbus until this came up (it's at least 5 - 6 hours away). I think itís garnered a lot of exposure (no pun intended) and if done correctly; he may end up with the big haunt news story of the year.

Wishing everyone a fantastic season! Boo to college football night games!!!

Kelly Collins
    The ScareAtorium Columbus

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShatteredFX View Post
    I design and build sets for Pat, so i've got the whole story on this...

FIRST, this is only open after the park is closed and all other attractions are finished. The only actors in the haunt are 18+ years old and only female. NO touching is aloud and air lines have been run through out the haunt to use instead of touching. All the actors working in the building are approved vets that have respect and will not do anything foolish.

SECOND, you head into a pre-show building with your group (only YOUR group) and stripe down naked or in underwear. You then enter the haunt with ONLY your group and go through. Please also note that they are going through one of the darkest attractions we have, there are tons of extremely dark rooms and dark hallways. When you come out you get your clothes back and are still hidden in the exit area where you can change back into your clothes.

Of course your going to have people hate it, and your going to have people who love it. I've heard tons of both, but here is the best part... if you don't like it, DON'T PARTICIPATE!
    At no point will you drive by and accidentally see naked people running around having sex. This is an extremely controlled environment.

He is getting tons of press for this, its genius PR. If someone robs a bank with one of our silicone masks, we are going to market them as hyper realistic masks and capitalize on it, not stop selling them!

My .02 on the matter.
    That puts my mind at ease.... reading all of these posts by those who don't approve, I got the idea that they were driving around town in a black van, abducting people and making them walk through the haunt naked at gun point, while a group of sexual predators groped them. I also thought that they were recording the whole thing and showing it to a local preschool.

Sarcasim aside, I wouldn't do it at my haunt, but I would never criticize Pat and what he is doing at his haunt. He has a spectacular show, one of the best that I have seen. He probably has the hardest working staff in the industry, and that does not happen by chance. I went through his haunt as a preshow to the legendary haunt tour, and I had more fun at his show that anywhere else I have ever been. Great hospitality, great show, and he took the time to talk to everyone there. I have paid stupid money on more than one occasion to tour a haunt only to be treated like shit. This was not the case at Shocktoberfest.

10. Default  
    Perhaps all this wouldn't be a deal if this wasn't coming from what seems like a generation long president of the industries' association, the one supposed to be our leader. Also the fact he has a personal reputation of being a super heavy drinker and can be seen in photos dancing on top the zombie army bus like a teenager and being very flirtatious creepy old man vibe etc. seeing and hearing that, then hearing he's doing this nude things just seems seedy and classless. All hail the president and leader of an industry that wonders why it doesn't get much respect.

DA

Thread Information