HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What an fool... Naked Haunted House Offered

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
  1. Default  
    Now lets talk about the association go here... http://hauntedattractionassociation.com/news-2/ it hasn't been updated since PAT had his haunt tour with Transworld in 2011. But do me a favor CLICK ON EVERY SINGLE LINK THERE... it goes to some risque sex type clothing store check it out http://www.robeauxfashion.com/rf/

In one picture two guys are touching each other with shirts off ... what does that have to do with HALLOWEEN??

Its Halloween season... so even though I feel what he's done a disgrace to our industry I'm going to delete several aspects of this thread and freeze it. I'm getting a zillion calls from people who want to talk positive PR for this industry. I'm going to focus on that and let the naked nightmare die.

Larry

2. Default  

3. Default  
    It is definitely (for better or worse) getting a lot of publicity. A non-haunter friend brought it up in a conversation with me, and we live in Michigan!

If they REALLY want to scare people, they should just turn on the lights, and let all the patrons see each other. Most of the population is not very pretty (myself included).

4. Default  
    Larry,

I agree with a lot of what you are saying on this issue. But, I do think the post title could have been something like Naked haunted house good idea or bad? Instead of starting right out by name calling. (Idiot) This just gave permission for everyone to attack this guy. You have made it clear that you have personal and professional problems with this guy and it seems almost that your encouraging people who have probably never even heard of him before to attack him on a personal level. I am pretty sure if he was one of your friends, you would not have started this thread, or at least it would have been approached in a different way. I think you probably would have still said you think it's a horrible idea, but I doubt you would have let the personal attacks go on this long.

Now, on the associations web site you point out that his links may not be appropriate or for the betterment of the industry. Maybe not, but don't forget, many people in the industry think of you as an industry leader way more than Pat. In fact, I would say before this whole naked haunt thing, most members of this web site never even heard of him. But everyone knows who you are and what this web site is all about, would you not agree? I would say that many of the banner links here also have nothing to do with the industry or seem appropriate for this site including cell phone ads, Meijer ads and oh yeah clothing store ads just too name a few. You do this to help offset the cost of running this site in some small way. Maybe that's all he is doing.

Look, I have never met Pat or been to his haunt. I think that the idea was a very bad one that if anything, put yet another black eye on the industry. I have commented on his Facebook page several times on why I this it's a bad idea. In fact, one of my posts even made it on GMA. But, I am just getting so sick of people being allowed to post any kind of negative, hurtful, unprofessional, even bordering on slanderous things on the site these days. A few years ago you never would have allowed this type of stuff to go on.

I myself went through a ton of bashing, name calling and horrible things being said about me on this site. It hurt me deep after being a part of this site since near the beginning bringing my opinions and offering advice and suggestions from my 27 year experience in this industry. Have I ever been negative on here? Sure, and most of the time you called me out on it. Even after the pounding I took on here a couple months ago and swearing I would never offer anymore advice to anyone, I still continued to respond to people who asked me for my help. That is the kind of person that I am.

You are saying as a voice of the industry he should never have done this and I agree. I say you are much more of a voice for the industry then him and it does not look very professional on your part to allow the bashing all the time that takes place on the site. I would say that I know you are a very busy person and might miss some of these issues from time to time and that's why you have admin's to help you out. But not when some of them even contribute to the bashing of people as in my case.

These are just my opinions. I have always respected the efforts you make for the betterment of the haunt industry, even if I don't agree with all of them. But this type of negative banter back and forth on this issue seems way out of hand at this point. The issue has also been beat to death now. It just seems to repeating the same thing over and over. The only reason to keep it going seems to be just to keep beating him up.

I did not mean any disrespect to anyone for my comments. It's sad that I feel the need to say that after anytime I post anything anymore. But everyone seems to get so hostile when they don't agree with someone that it's safer to say that before ending a post.

Sincerely,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

5. Default  
    Howie,

Read my post up a bit... I deleted some of the more recent posts including my own. This is what I'm calling the NAKED NIGHTMARE! LOL

I just did a massive interview with the AP and I'm going to focus on positive aspects of our industry like I always do... I'm totally offended by the the whole ordeal.

now links from their website heck a url I donated to them has links to sites like that and they still haven't removed them shows a true lack of leadership... i don't feel we need these guys representing us falsely as I feel they do. I am so offended by them its beyond words... either way I'm going to again focus on positive.

As for you getting attacked by someone people email me all the time and let me know about this stuff... I try to delete all that stuff. Next time report it to me. So in other words this thread is frozen ... taking advice and moving onto something more positive.

Larry

6. Default  
    Well Larry, we certainly have been on different sides of the fence from time to time, lol, but I have to say I agree with your basic sentiment.

While unique PR is certainly good, if we ever want to break out of the "carney" mentality and be treated as a legitimate industry- the key is professionalism-and this was flat out tacky.

Ben hit the nail on the head.

House of Shock's theme may be edgy...but it IS directly tied to Halloween and it doesn't potentially harm either the attendees or the actors. Highly doubt there are "demon predators"
    lurking around his show...but certainly rapists/pervs might just swing by a show that announces "we're gonna have naked females".

Incredibly poor judgement should not go uncensored by a board that's supposed to be promoting legitimate haunts.

Just my .02....
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

Thread Information