HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: What an fool... Naked Haunted House Offered

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    First off I'm going to say I find nothing wrong with the video I'm about to talk about, and if I built a spot for it I would us it.

This is to Larry and Jake ( Deathwing )

It is So outrages to have a PR stunt where loosely base on a TV show someone goes thru a haunt naked. This is disgusting , a black eye on the industry, trashy, crude and then to the point of calling out a person personally by saying ( I'm being told ) that a person gets drunk and hits on women.

But Larry makes a video where a Ice Cream truck clown has a young girl tied up and kidnapped as he drives thru the streets killing kids and then kills the kidnapped girl in the truck with him. And you think that is awesome and funny LOL,

You have an odd sliding scale there between what good and bad don't you.

Again I find nothing wrong with the video but I also find nothing wrong with the naked thing either.

Robert Dudzieck
    Fright Factory
    Philadelphia PA

2. Default  
    Robert I'm confused. Your first post you were against the idea now you have no problem with it?

Jake

3. Default Nudity 
    I have always found it odd that in America we are so overly concerned about the human body being exposed. After all, "nude" was our natural state before we stumbled upon a fig tree and covered our junk with a leaf. If you look to Europe as a case study in public nudity (it's on regular TV for example) you will find that it has not turned their society into a bunch of sexual deviants - actually, there is far more of that in prudish America.

Odd to me how extreme violence, kidnapping, rape, gore, is far more acceptable than nudity to most here in America. I'm not making a stand here - just stating my observation. This is a topic that is not worth debating because people are so polarized in their beliefs. Just like you can't argue about religion, abortion, or gun control. Now don't even get me started on dead dogs!

Doug.

4. Default @Deathwing 
    [MENTION=19784]Deathwing[/MENTION] ... Read Robert's post closely again. He was being facetious.

5. Default  
    seems my old gramps knew what to call a statement like that...

he used to tell me when i was young...

the mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye .......the more you pour upon on it.......the more it contracts..

the heading of this thread and statements within are hateful ...not becoming of an industry leader or any true christian

differences of opinions are just that...
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

6. Default  
    I put in an edit (Disclaimer) I was being Sarcastic.

Robert

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    Really? Did someone say its not sexual it's just nudity? That's the most idiotic thing I've heard since this lame idea itself. People don't have sex with their clothes on very much. It's a perverts dream this is. But seriously, the real problem I see is have you seen the average American lately? It's not going to be a pretty sight but I guess if your goal is to see a bunch of naked people then it doesn't matter so much.

Probably he's getting his A** kicked in his market so he's desperate to make an impact. How sad.

DA
    Did you read the article or just make baseless accusations?

Also, it is just nudity. Welcome to the history of humanity, non-sexual nudity is and has been used in every culture since the dawn of civilization. Even in the good old U.S. nudity is not always sexual.

Plus, if you did read the article, you would know that it's only for a select group of people, with plenty of security and those who do not want to be fully nude do not have to be. Additionally, being nude is about being vulnerable.

BTW you can have sex with your clothes on.
    Last edited by Toothpaste; 09-19-2013 at 09:10 AM.

8. Default  
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." Socrates
    I wouldn't do it in my haunt, but I don't think that it hurts the industry. Threads like this really manifest who the control freaks are. There are two threads on hauntworld right now that make personal attacks at this particular person, I wonder what the underlying reason is. I think that the personal attacks do far more to hurt the industry and Hauntworld than any PR stunt.

9. Default  
    Here is the deal ...

1) Its a desperate pitch for PR and cheap one at that. Run around NUDE in your haunted house... that is beyond desperate and its degrading to our industry. As far someone thinking its a good PR you are flat out nuts... do me a favor and try it in your own haunted house and see what happens. Just yesterday we are talking about what ... that dog getting run over. These dog lovers whip up a storm, same thing happens with satanic themes, or asylum haunts, and worse. But what you are inviting to your door is some city officials to get involved. The minute people start complaining to the mayor, or who knows who might be offended by this you are done! This PR stunt is without comprehension the dumbest move I've ever seen in our industries history.

2) How many people will be offended or assume its more than it really is, or lets say some girl out there makes an accusation she was sexual harassed not just through the naked haunt but anywhere as an actress, the secretary, a customer they will be pointing directly at this stunt as proof these guys tolerate this type of behavior. Strictly from a operational standpoint it invites multiple problems.

3) What are you saying in a market where you are surrounded by competition?? Well for one every haunt owner is interviewed about it if it does drum up TV NEWS for the place will slam him, I would! Additionally he'll get a few quacks excited especially the sex offender world they'll be out in force to buy tickets, but they will find hundreds and thousands who are easily offended slamming him in the community. Yeah sure a few people will say there is nothing wrong with this... but for everyone one of those there will be 100 who don't agree. You can turn off a lot of people here...

4) Lastly what are you saying about your haunted house that we have to rely on non-sense like this to get business? To me it says our haunted house isn't as good as everyone else, we need to try silly promotions to stay in business, we aren't scary because in order to scare you we ask you run through nude. And lets be honest how many takers you think they will get ... I'm betting hardly anyone so is it worth it? NO WAY!

Here is my challenge if you think the PR will be so positive why don't all of you attempt this? I doubt one of you would ever ever try it... and last but not least this coming from someone who is the president of an association no matter how dead that is. If some joe blow haunt did it whatever but the guy who is the president of an association NO WAY! That association needs to fire this guy pronto!

Larry

10. Default  
    Check out his facebook page and read the comments about the naked haunted house... people are making jokes about how old men will enjoy it, others are saying its totally wrong, some are asking if its legal ... you don't need that type of stuff being asked about your haunted house. Sorry!

To many negatives here... way to many. What bothers me is he wants to be a spokesman and he's running a naked haunted house.

https://www.facebook.com/shocktoberf...ation=timeline

Thread Information