HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Reviewers Bryan Cardonick and Carrie Hood... Kitsuniverse?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    We had this problem this year and I told my PR FIRM we are done... if some blogger or whatever wants to come through and or especially high school newspapers they are bringing like 6 people why? I told my PR FIRM if we want to approve someone its one person that person and no one else. Period. The cost of one ticket isn't that much if their story generates even 10 customers... so its worth it but you just never know when you are being taken advantage of so make a rule that one person only and that weeds out the fakes.

Larry
    That's actually a pretty good policy. Most places we visit usually only provide us with two tickets since we both write up reviews and publish them as widely as we possibly can. So, in that case it makes sense for more than one. Regardless, I would never dream of asking for more unless we're given them (some have offered more or asked how many we require) or have a specific need for them. Not say it couldn't happen in the future, but the reason for needing more than for the two of us in most cases would have to be justified (ie, having a camera operator or other such instance).

2. Default  
    I have been to 35 haunt this season and 75 haunts in 2013. Most of the haunts I go to offer to let me go through for free and it nice to see they are so open to having me visit. I am not a reviewer and I am doing resurch for my opening next year. But I will say any possible person that would have been interested in reviewing your haunt may have been a little scared off by your extreme reaction over a couple of free tickets. I am not sure that was a wise business move on your part. If a couple of free tickets is going to hurt your bottom line then you need to give away more. If for every person that you give a free ticket to that would not have come to your haunt in the first place brings a friend then you have done well. You have expanded your customer base and made some money. I myself as a rule will not accept free admission to new haunts because I know they need to make money to make it to next year and it would bother me if they went out of business. I personally would love for people in the industry to come by next year when I am open to see my haunt, I feel it's important to get feed back from people from all aspects of haunting, newbies, old, young, and experience haunters. You never know when that someone can give you that little piece of information that will really put you over the top.
    Phatman

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by austind View Post
    I have been to 35 haunt this season and 75 haunts in 2013. Most of the haunts I go to offer to let me go through for free and it nice to see they are so open to having me visit. I am not a reviewer and I am doing resurch for my opening next year. But I will say any possible person that would have been interested in reviewing your haunt may have been a little scared off by your extreme reaction over a couple of free tickets. I am not sure that was a wise business move on your part. If a couple of free tickets is going to hurt your bottom line then you need to give away more. If for every person that you give a free ticket to that would not have come to your haunt in the first place brings a friend then you have done well. You have expanded your customer base and made some money. I myself as a rule will not accept free admission to new haunts because I know they need to make money to make it to next year and it would bother me if they went out of business. I personally would love for people in the industry to come by next year when I am open to see my haunt, I feel it's important to get feed back from people from all aspects of haunting, newbies, old, young, and experience haunters. You never know when that someone can give you that little piece of information that will really put you over the top.
    I agree fully. We kind of entered into the one new haunt that we've visited this year a bit cautiously. Though, to our surprise, Haunted Hillside really brought their A game and showed us that they've got some awesome ideas lined up and a great future. It's amazing what they've done with just 6 weeks to set things up and we've been promoting the crap out of them since. It's our hope that we've driven them a bit more business this year since almost no one really knows they're around, not even the other haunts in the area!

EDIT: Seriously, when talking with other haunt owners they were like "Who?"...so at least they know they're out there now!

Here's to your own haunt going off well and having a successful run once you do open it!
    Last edited by Kitsune Hazard; 10-24-2013 at 06:31 PM.

4. Default  
    Dearest miserable folks who can't take public criticism:

Isn't it funny that you will write reviews on others but are furious over a simple question wanting to know more about someone?

I was asked by the owners if I had heard of you. And I haven't. I told them I would ask for more information from trusted sources. And I did. Nothing more or less.

You folks are blowing this out of proportion WAY out of proportion. Jesus I wanted PUBLIC folks whom I trust their opinions to give me their thoughts. If I wanted to know your opinion I would have asked you directly.

Just like before I buy a new electronic I ask others if they have it and if they like it, I don't listen to the manufacturer.

Lighten the hell up. Jesus Christ.

5. Default  
    And response to others, the owners get HUNDREDS of requests a year for free tickets, and are not entirely web saavy. So finding a random blog and not seeing any decent stats regarding web traffic threw a red flag for me. I'm simply trying to protect their bottom line. Imagine the free requests Larry gets! Holy hell. Lighten up. I simply wanted more information, and you people are acting like I posted naked photos and asked them to give their first born.

Holy hell. Now I remember why I hate this site sometimes.

Ask one question with my personal most fears attached, and instead I get ATTACKED?! Amazing.

Grow.

Up.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
    Dearest miserable folks who can't take public criticism:

Isn't it funny that you will write reviews on others but are furious over a simple question wanting to know more about someone?

I was asked by the owners if I had heard of you. And I haven't. I told them I would ask for more information from trusted sources. And I did. Nothing more or less.

You folks are blowing this out of proportion WAY out of proportion. Jesus I wanted PUBLIC folks whom I trust their opinions to give me their thoughts. If I wanted to know your opinion I would have asked you directly.

Just like before I buy a new electronic I ask others if they have it and if they like it, I don't listen to the manufacturer.

Lighten the hell up. Jesus Christ.
    So, your solution was to put information that was not originally sent to you out in the public? Yikes. That's a serious issue there to be honest and now that you've admitted that to everyone here...I'm sure we're not alone in thinking that either.

You originally made the claim and statements that we were probably just looking for free tickets or some crap and then you attack the choice of platform we use...we have a right to defend that and our methods. Sorry if you don't like it, but you posted it.
    Last edited by Kitsune Hazard; 10-24-2013 at 06:38 PM.

7. Default  
    Yikes? Because I posted a phone number? Jesus. I may swing by so that we can talk face to face. You need to see where I'm coming from
    And I'd love to meet face to face. Maybe I could even help you get a pro website up...?

You're seeing this as malicious, when in reality I simply wanted more info??

Very defensive.....

8. Default Reviewers Bryan Cardonick and Carrie Hood... Kitsuniverse? 
    Feel free. I'll invite you over to my house if you'd like after the season? Talk face to face?
    Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 10-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.

9. Default Reviewers Bryan Cardonick and Carrie Hood... Kitsuniverse? 
    additionally if you'd like? I'm on CST right now but anytime works really. Will gladly call you back.
    Last edited by NightmareAftershockLLC; 10-26-2013 at 01:23 PM.

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
    Yikes? Because I posted a phone number? Jesus. I may swing by so that we can talk face to face. You need to see where I'm coming from
    And I'd love to meet face to face. Maybe I could even help you get a pro website up...?

You're seeing this as malicious, when in reality I simply wanted more info??

Very defensive.....
    I sincerely recommend you stay away from my home. Any attempt will be viewed as a threat due to your defensive actions and name calling.

Now, please, remove the contact information AND my address.

I will take this matter up with your haunt attractions owner tomorrow.

Thread Information