HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: RIP Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default R.i.p. 
    R.I.P. Brian

2. Default  
    I already posted this on the Paul Walker thread... but I'll re-post.

Our booth at IAAPA was right next to an airbrush company booth and they had hired Wolf Brothers to do demo's. I was able to speak to Brian Wolf's brother ...

Brian's brother said he fought the cancer really hard and lived a lot longer than they had given him... he said they where about to go to Germany to do an airbrush event, and Brian started to experience some pain but like a trooper went and did the show in Europe. Once he returned he visited the doctor and found out he had stage 4 cancer... right up until the end continued to get treatment. He mentioned that all the donations from the haunt industry helped his family. He said Brian was able to pay off lots of bills and things like that so his wife and kids would not be left with bills they couldn't pay in addition to a lot of medical bills. I want to say that he said donations exceeded $100,000.00. He said their entire family was very grateful to the haunt industry and now he must go it alone ... he was saying he really misses his brother but will continue on their business. It was a very touching conversation.

Again you just never know... do what you love while you are still around to do it!

3. Default  
    Larry you are so right, I spent some time with Nick Wolf at hauntcon and heard what a impact the industry had on Brian's life. We some times forget how much charity work our industry does for so many people. A lot of us started in a charity haunt and one that comes to mind that is still going strong is Hundred Acres Mannor in Pittsburg. They have donated over a million dollars to charity so far, life is to short so do what you love and if you can help those that are less fortunate along the way that is just a bonus.
    Phatman

Thread Information