HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: It Hurts to alwasy be right but...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default It Hurts to alwasy be right but... 
    I'm always right! LOL No actually I'm not right all the time but I was DEAD ON THE MONEY with this one... despite several haunters telling me I an idiot for predicting this well now its reported true exactly what I predicted. I said teens would abandon Facebook and it would end up being nothing but what your mom and dad would do... and in end I predicted facebook would be the new myspace.

You start facebook pages, you can live on facebook, you start facebook chat groups you can whatever you want but very few people see what you post, read what you say, and mostly you are talking to thin blue sky... move over facebook you are no longer #1 or #2 and soon you'll be the new myspace.

Read this quotes... The reports are a contrast, but not a contradiction to, Facebook's own statements on teen users. CEO Mark Zuckerberg has twice spoken publicly recently about whether teens are abandoning Facebook. In September, Zuckerberg said "coolness is done for us.

Here's Pew's money quote from a 14-year-old girl: “I got mine [Facebook account] around sixth grade. And I was really obsessed with it for a while. Then towards eighth grade, I kind of just -- once you get into Twitter, if you make a Twitter and an Instagram, then you'll just kind of forget about Facebook, is what I did.”

see this graph... and look at the fall of facebook original-53.jpg

Read this article ... http://finance.yahoo.com/news/facebo...130357364.html

Let me just say this... the way things change so fast beepers to cell phones to basically a computer in your hand, from kodak to everything digital from myspace to facebook to ... yes facebook will be a thing of the past very soon. Don't put to much stock in this because its over!

That is how fast things change and once parents get bored of it then it really will be over... and for the record hauntworld.com send more traffic to my website 6 to 1 over facebook despite the fact that I have 62,000 friends for my haunt. Just saying...

Larry

2. Default  
    BTW... since I started the new topic can someone share how to really promote your business via instagram do you just buy ads or what? My kids use this site every day not facebook or twitter in fact... just instagram. Does anyone have experience on this site??? Larry

3. Default  
    i agree fb is on the way out...but in the mean time i post away..

kids tell me twitter is the new fb..
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

4. Default  
    My kids use Instagram as well! The way to promote your business on there is similar to Facebook. And Instagram uses the data from what the users do on Facebook and Instagram to decide what ads to show them. We have had an Instagram account and a Twitter account for a couple years now and I use Instagram to post most of our photos because I can have it show up on our Instagram, Twitter feed and Facebook wall at the same time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

5. Default Instagram information 
    Here is a link to some information Instagram has about advertising.

http://help.instagram.com/1415228085373580

6. Default  
    I think if you start a thread about "always" being right you should at least spell "always" right, before tooting your own horn. Lol!!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

7. Default  
    I'll preface with the admission I don't even use Facebook myself - my wife does. I agree, so far the Internet has turned on a dime on services. So Facebook could disappear overnight to a better idea. However, the better idea hasn't arrived yet. And by arrive, I really mean being accepted by the masses. And by masses, I really mean grown-ups with money.

BUT just because kids aren't using it as kids, doesn't mean they will continue to not use it when they grow up. It could be that as they mature, grow up, go to college, they will have external pressures to rejoin Facebook. Again, that's assuming something better hasn't replaced it. If Facebook is still the dominate social network for grown-ups, then naturally, they may very well re-adopt it.... since that's where the other grown-ups are.

It's just a thought.

8. Default It's all about marketing... 
    I think that with the right marketing strategy Facebook can still be saved, they just need to steer it in the right direction.

9. Default  
    I'm sorry........but I have to completely disagree with EVERYTHING EVERYONE IS SAYING *dramatic duh duh duhhhhn*

No but seriously, I don't necessarily think it's that teens are leaving Facebook for x,y,z or that parents are all that use Facebook now, I strongly believe that there's just too many options. Myspace died because it was around for too long, but then Facebook came and it was just Myspace or Facebook. Now if we fast forward to today, there's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine,Tumblr, Google+, etc, there's a multitude of options, and I think people are just joining whatever is more oriented towards their interests. Sure, our demographics sign up for a majority of the new sites as they come out, but most people end up settling on one or two to use more often than the others. Facebook is only still in the lead because just about everything is Facebook compatible, so people link everything back to their Facebook, and just check on one more than the other. Very few people in my friend circle actually don't use Facebook anymore, it's more, oh I use Facebook but only for this or only for that; or it's I prefer X over Facebook but I know X isn't really for everyone, so I use Facebook to stay in touch with people who don't really use X.

I know it's kind of hard to explain, but I hope I explained it well. It's all about the choices people have these days, there's so many social media sites that it's almost impossible to find one that pleases everybody.....so find what's most common to YOUR market, as it's probably different from OUR market, and then advertise via Facebook AND the other social networking site. Then again, if you talk haunt marketing, the best thing you can do is just GOOGLE "haunted houses in *INSERT YOUR STATE HERE*" and then advertise with the top listings that pop up in that....I don't think advertising (outside of free fan pages/business accounts) on social media is ever a good idea, it raises your customer acquisition cost wayyyy too high. I'd rather take a billboard on a busy highway and guarantee my exposure to 500,000+ cars/week than pay $0.23/click/person lol. Search engine results are your best affordable bet, but physical signage is always a major plus. Let the people view your site before friending you on social media, or better yet, encourage the people you see leaving and looking extremely satisfied to like you and kindly ask them to leave their feedback on your social media page(s). There's nothing wrong with that! Then as new customers see the positive reviews you encouraged your happy customers to leave, they in turn come and have a good time!

10. Default My kids don't use FB at all 
    I have a son in jr. high and a daughter in high school. They both say FB is dead to their age group, they never use it. Instagram seems to be the flavor of the month.

Doug.

Thread Information