HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: There's ALWAYS next year...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Question There's ALWAYS next year... 
    Ok. It's November 1st.

I know that 2013 hasn't actually ended for a lot of you because Halloween fell on a Thursday, but when do you start kicking it in gear and ramping up for the next season?

Or have you already?

2. Default Already started on 2014 
    Have several of this years props already sold an in another state. Several more spoken for. At transworld 2013 I was doing as much planning 2014 layout as my 2013 layout.

Wicked Farmer

3. Default  
    I did the basic plan for this year during this years haunts, identified long term solutions to minor placement problems, about halfway through the season. I am meeting with a small and invited select few of heavily dedicated and talented crew at noon tomorrow...or today technically lol SATURDAY there that's easier haha, but yeah, we're suggesting new themes, and scenes for each scene and how to make each attraction a new and unique hit for our marketplace.

4. Default  
    Sad I didn't get a chance to come out, Bobby. Hopefully it was a good season, and meeting while the attraction is still up for a brianstorm is a great idea !

For us, Things have kicked into full-freakin-gear for a few weeks now on production of the new product line, new website, new packaging, new shop, hiring and training new staff, new everything, for next year. Really exciting NEWness to be seen soon. hahaha

5. Default As a vendor 
    I don't know if it matters but we have already started implementing our plans for 2014.
    And I am more than excited. I am inspired and we are going full speed already.

6. Default  
    It's all good! Matt, I'm keeping most up if you ever wanna drop by whenever you have my number

7. Default  
    We already started... Wed we are shooting new CGI FX for Darkness and some clients overseas. Today I was actually at Creepyworld filming a new how to DVD so that will be avail soon... I have already ordered some new FX from Unit 70 and Gore Galore for Darkness tour at Transworld.

We are also re-doing the Darkness logo and that is underway as well.

Yeah already going!

Larry

8. Default Pre-visualize before you build...like the pros... 
    Make sure you take the time needed to pre-visualize your new scenes or attractions. You can use free software like Google SketchUp and the free downloads from http://www.hauntdesignkit.com to start setting up your new scenes/attractions before you ever build anything. This is how they do it at Universal Studios (Halloween Horror Nights) and a handful of the big time haunts (the serious ones). It's a HUGE helping hand and makes it easier to express ideas and space usage.

Start now.

-Tyler
    http://www.hauntdesignkit.com
    >Download free Google SketchUp collections made just for haunt owners and designers.

Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HauntDesignKit

9. Default  
    Wow. I knew that this wasn't a one-month-a-year kinda job, but I'm surprised how many people were making plans and arrangements before the current season had even finished. Sounds like I need to get moving if I want to have our haunt ready for it's grand opening in 2014. (My partner in crime was wanting to wait until spring to get started.)

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Valley_of_Screams View Post
    Make sure you take the time needed to pre-visualize your new scenes or attractions. You can use free software like Google SketchUp and the free downloads from http://www.hauntdesignkit.com to start setting up your new scenes/attractions before you ever build anything.
    I've been making do with with Microsoft paint to create rough plans and get my ideas out on paper, but this sounds like it would be better. I'll download and start playing with it. Thanks.
    Last edited by HobzGoblin; 11-04-2013 at 09:04 AM.

Thread Information