HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Audio hardware

1. Default Audio hardware 
    Right now I'm running a PC with an M-Audio Delta 10/10 PCI card. It has 8 audio channels out. I'm running them to a Dayton 12 channel amp and from there I run out to my speakers in each zone. Does anyone else have a similar setup where you're running all your audio from one source to multiple zones? More than 8 or 9 zones? I need more zones but I don't really want to run 2 computers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

2. Default audio 
    Just start loading the computer up with Delta 410s (8 channels each). We run one 1010LT and two 410s.

3. Default  
    We just installed Motu 24 i/o at the Rob Zombie attraction. That will give you 24 channels in and out. And don't forget you can route any sound to any output or multiple outputs.

Bill
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

4. Default  
    Both of those options look awesome!

Karl, do you know if multiple 410's can run on a PC that uses Windows 7 64bit? I've read in some forums that running multiple 1010's on that OS causes issues.

Bill, does that interface come with software?

Both of you, , do you run powered speakers in each zone or do you run to an amp with these outputs and then speaker wire out from there?

Thanks for the suggestions so far!!! Hope to hear more!!!

5. Default  
    We still use the rock solid XP. Since it's only used for audio, why try a new OS? We run amps to non powered speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTwistedForest View Post
    Both of those options look awesome!

Karl, do you know if multiple 410's can run on a PC that uses Windows 7 64bit? I've read in some forums that running multiple 1010's on that OS causes issues.

Bill, does that interface come with software?

Both of you, , do you run powered speakers in each zone or do you run to an amp with these outputs and then speaker wire out from there?

Thanks for the suggestions so far!!! Hope to hear more!!!

6. Default  
    The Motu 24 i/o does come with software, however I recommend and use SFX for playback. Very customizable and allows me to write custom scripts for the audio. This means you can basically do anything you need to including playback of ambient audio, triggered audio, vamps, fades, etc. I have used this system both with powered amps to speakers, and also directly out to powered speakers over network cable.
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Thread Information