HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: If you could build a new building for a haunt it would...

Hybrid View

1. Default If you could build a new building for a haunt it would... 
    After 7 seasons running one of our haunted houses under the stars we are finally going through the process to put it in a 5000' building. It will be sprinklered and fire protected with concreted. We are planning a low voltage and regular voltage ovethead grid and a central security system... if you could start from scratch... what would you do?
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

2. Default  
    Put in a legit subterranean tunnel system to use for all your haunted catacomb/ sewer/ mine shaft/ needs.

3. Default  
    18' ceiling height for large set stuff, second floor stuff and an overhead observation catwalk. Add a covered queue line (or indoor), add another 1000sqft just for wardrobe and actor break/banquet and construction/storage area. Separate customer/staff restrooms with a shower, and a room with a comfortable bed and cable. But that's just me- and I'm crazy...
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by zombietoxin View Post
    18' ceiling height for large set stuff, second floor stuff and an overhead observation catwalk. Add a covered queue line (or indoor), add another 1000sqft just for wardrobe and actor break/banquet and construction/storage area. Separate customer/staff restrooms with a shower, and a room with a comfortable bed and cable. But that's just me- and I'm crazy...
    Yeah. That seems a lot more practical than a tunnel. I'd go with his answer instead.

5. Default  
    Love that you're doing that! It's such a great thing to be able to control the building to your needs. Make sure to incorporate many emergency doors along the perimeter to make the Marshall happy!

The only luxury thing I would really like is a second floor balcony, to oversee the entire haunt (for theost part) that can double as an actor prep area with a private staircase hidden from the public for actors to go straight to their spots without being seen. Throw in a water line for a sink/bathroom and you're golden, us yourself up artists would LOVE easy access to water lol.

Best of luck with this endeavor, I hope you post pictures of your dream building in progress lol

6. Default Headaches from day 1! 
    A small airport across the street from our farm owns the air rights above the haunt, and the new building is on the edge of the flight path. We should be good for height restrictions but it looks like we're going to hit a ton of red tape before we can pull permits. December doesn't look good... we'll see what happens.

Patrick
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

Thread Information