HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: If you could build a new building for a haunt it would...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I don't think anyone thinks you're wasting time! I love watching things progress, as I'm sure any oh era are who just don't always comment but more lurk in the background

Best of luck with this, can't wait to see more!

Quote Originally Posted by legendsofthefog View Post
    I'm going to continue to post construction pics on here... they're not as cool as the Darkness' photos (or all the other cool reno pics everyone posts)... but if I'm wasting your time, you don't have to look.

Builders are moving in tomorrow - but first we had to push the ton of snow off of the pad we just built.

Attachment 17887

2. Default These guys are awesome 
    building day 1.jpg These guys are awesome! They dug the holes and set all the posts today, worked through some wicked rain... they say it will be polished in 5 or 6 working days if all goes well...
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

3. Default  
    Question, how do you lift and move your skids? I saw in one of your pictures it looked like it was on a trailer but how did you get it up, and back down again? I can't imagine using a standard tow motor to lift something that big, and even more so don't want to think about moving it! Though I guess a boom lift with fork extenders would work. I have lifted 8 foot pallets before with fork extenders but nothing 8 feet tall at the same time.

4. Default  
    We move the skids with a regular forklift. The rooms are not that heavy. We do use fork extenders that we made just to move these things. They're made with 6" channel steel with plates welded on one end to keep them on the fork. OSHA wouldn't approve, but they're light enough to move with a skid loader or a simple forklift. Once we get this building done we will move them with pallet jacks and dollies.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

5. Default Your Progress 
    It is great to see your progress because the same thing is happening at our little place. 2 40 x 60 buildings are going up just after Transworld. Most of our haunt has been outdoors and is about the same age as yours(started in 2009). So I share your excitement. Keep the pics coming.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kenton; 02-20-2014 at 10:30 AM.

6. Default Building day 2 and 3 
    Here are some updated pics. Unfortunately we won't be doing anything haunt related inside until the middle of March, we still have to wait for the ground to thaw to install concrete.
    building-day2.jpg
    Pics from day 2 - posts and leveling
    building-day3-2.jpg
    Pics from day 3 with the trusses set. It is fitting that they were set in the fog.
    building-day3.jpg
    Day 3 - these guys have a very cohesive crew and it shows in their work. 3 8 hour days to get to this point... they set the trusses in 75 minutes. I find this impressive because I built all of my hayride buildings myself for so many years... and I never realized the cost savings, time savings, and energy savings that sub-letting to professionals can do for your business.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by legendsofthefog View Post
    I'm going to continue to post construction pics on here... they're not as cool as the Darkness' photos (or all the other cool reno pics everyone posts)... but if I'm wasting your time, you don't have to look.
    Not true at all!! This is really exciting to see your building coming together! I honestly wish so many more of the haunts on here would post more pictures of their construction like you're doing. Please please please show us pictures once you start building the haunt itself! This is very exciting to see you expanding; congrats on the new building!

-Collin
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

8. Default "What Would I Build?" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    If somehow I suddenly had a few tons of money and wanted a Haunted House, I would be building it totally underground. I would be pandering to one of the two basic major human fears, (1 "What awaits us under the ground!?" )2 "What awaits us under the water?" Two places we do not seem to thrive usually or even exist well without much money and /or technology to sustain us.
    Under the ground would make for a quiet neighborhood, it would subtract almost anyone from vandalising or getting in to steal anything.
    It could be warm in the Winter and cool on the hottest of Summer afternoons (remember them?)
    No more worries about a hail storm ruining your roof.
    Of course it would have to be built right the first time with large rubber sheets on top of a concrete roof, then sand with re-bar inside the crete and a drain field going to a sump pump or a lower patch of ground.

9. Default Found a deal we couldn't refuse... 
    Found a deal we couldn't refuse on concrete. We're going to concrete the whole thing, aprons for the doors and aprons at entry doors, etc. The question posed by one of my guys... Once you pour the floor, its not easy to put something under it... is there anything worth burying under concrete that can't be supplied overhead? Heated floors are out IMO. Electric, water, and air can be delivered overhead. Any reason to incorporate anything in the concrete?
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

10. Default  
    If you had an idea where a bathroom might go or floor drains, you could run the lines at least to the edge of the slab for later access.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

Thread Information