HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Default Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread 
    Hey Folks... here we go a new thread about a new renovation project to be complete by Transworld. Today one of our guys said to me so you are hoping to get all this done by next October... I laughed. I said no March! He laughed! LOL

We are doing a massive overhaul and this year its based on more the feeling I need to reinvent the Darkness not just build some really detailed rooms like we always do... the renovation will be mind boggling. Today is the first day I start this thread and will be ongoing until we open.

We kick off everything with Kevin from Gore Galore showing up today at Darkness. We have hired Kevin to build some rather MASSIVE and rather OVER THE TOP interactive props... these will be the biggest ones we've ever built or installed in the Darkness. They will touch you, some will swallow you whole I'm serious.

We have also hired Unit 70 to build a massive amount of props and animations and believe it or not some silicone masks. We are TOTALLY gutting THREE scenes on the first floor, THREE scenes on the second floor, and TWO scenes in Terror Visions. Additionally new special fx, animations and props will be added to change or enhance other rooms. The total renovation should cost around $200,000.00.

Our main crew can't start this project for another month or so ... so we've hired a new crew who start late this week and they will prep The Darkness by removing sets, cleaning and building some infrastructure. Once all of that is done and we've finished all the projects we are working on for other people we will begin to build the new scenes.

I have to say the scenes, fx we are doing will be the biggest most over the top EVER and I mean EVER ... are building saws that rip down across the ceiling and rip the whole room apart, monsters that eat the customers, actor rigs that will like nothing you've ever seen... its going to be OVER THE TOP!

This will be the best one yet!

Larry

2. Default  
    Not much to look at but... things are slowly progressing. We have a dumpster outside the darkness and we filled that and had to order another one. We are SLOWING going on this because we have to install a bunch of projects here. Once those are all installed we'll be flying on this project. What you see here are two rooms being town apart and one picture of Terror Visions which is being torn out and another of some boiler area this is also being torn out. Larry

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPG

3. Default  
    I would love to be the guy who has to get your dumpster lol

4. Default  
    LOL

Here are some ROUGH sketches of what some of the things we are planning on doing. Will have better ones by weeks end. Just found out that Bo already had half my order done... once we get going we'll really get going. We are doing a ton of things to Terror Visions since everyone loves that thing... one of the things I'm having Bo make is a hillbilly clown and you walk under his legs and once under his but he'll fart on you... lol

Gore Galore is making a giant animated clown we are gutting a scene inside. Also to Terror Visions we are making custom door jams or some sort of detailed outline of every door way to really add more detail to the attraction.

In the downstairs we are building a Medusa Room with an animated Medusa, we are also building this super wild scene with the help of Gore Galore. We are building this monster that will eat you... its going to be wild!

Upstairs we are building a couple new scenes as well including a bathroom and it will be the craziest one you've ever been inside... it will have a roof built from dead bodies, an overflowing tub, a cgi fx, and much more. We are also building a room called SAWZILLA! Can't really explain that one but you will have a close encounter with a massive death saw that will rip across your head. Also upstairs we are rebuilding our green house and creating a giant venus fly trap that will swallow you whole. The haunts are going to be more touching and interactive. Tickets will go on sale in January. Lastly upstairs we are building another scene from scratch its called people under the stairs room... it will feature an actor ridden wheel chair. This might be the craziest thing we've ever done.

Medusa_Scene.jpgstaircase_room_rough.jpg

5. Default  
    Couple updates...

We still haven't really done much because we spent the entire week in New York City but today we are going to TRY and finish the tear out project. What is funny is that several of the vendors we hired to do stuff are further along than us... Unit 70 already has a full truck of stuff for me and we haven't built anything yet. Gore Galore is almost done as well with one of the bigger things they are making.

We did have a short meeting today on getting this started... here is a drawing of one of the rooms we are building. This room will feature an animated wheelchair that actors will RIDE! The room will also be built about 20 plus feet tall to give it two levels because it has a staircase.

Lastly wanted to mention www.thedarkness.com has been somewhat updated. So check out the site to get some details. Larry

Darkness 2014- Staircase Scene small.jpg

6. Default  
    And yes another drawing... keep in mind these drawings are concepts of these rooms they are not what the rooms are going to look like exactly.

But one thing you will see sorta in the ceiling is dead bodies... yes we are making a ceiling out of 20 dead bodies. It should be wild.

Larry
    bathroom scenesmall.jpg

7. Default  
    Ironic, we have been building our animated Medusa for a year.
    Larry, care for some freindly competetion on our Medusa's?

Thanks.
    Stew

8. Default  
    Ours is being made by Unit 70... I'm trusting it will rock! Love to see yours as well! We are also building concrete warriors around her, a waterfall, co2 cannon fx, and an incredible set around the animation. Larry

9. Default  
    Sounds Great!

10. Default  
    As always here we go again starting from GROUND ZERO... I wanted to say this is fun to me now. But this year I'm a bit worried we won't be able to get it done. We work our magic every single year but this time around its going to be TOUGH! We had a huge meeting and walk through the attraction tonight and I felt a bit overwhelmed to say the least. We have now filled up two whole entire dumpsters ... I have added yes more work to this project its growing and growing.

We have our entire crew in Atlanta right doing an install and then Christmas then the whole crew go out of the country to yes the Middle East! LOL

We will get this done one way or another. When you look at these photos its right out of the Vanilla Ice Project. LOL

Larry
    photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

Thread Information