HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Good question... here is the answer. I have been super busy I've been in New York, Atlanta twice, Orlando, Minnesota all within the last 3 weeks. I'm back home now and I'm working on getting the magazine done, updates for this website and getting the haunt tour renovation itself started. The tickets we will have on sale this coming week... so we'll get that done. Trust me when it goes on sale I'll let everyone know. LOL

BTW while I was in Atlanta I went to an auction and bought an entire semi truck full of stuff... here are some pictures from the auction. They had stuff in there that cost new like 40,000.00 but it was dented, cracked, or whatever and you could get for only 10%. Check out the photos... I bought enough stuff for two haunt renovations. LOL

We are well on our way to getting this done... I have to call a few more vendors but overall most everything is almost done. We just have to start building the scenes, we have the props, the animations, and everything almost in place.
    20131228_145227.JPG20131228_145240.JPG20131228_145255.JPG20131228_145324.JPG20131228_145504.JPG

Larry

2. Default  
    darkness_tour_ticketing_footer_2014.jpg

We have not got the tickets up online for sale yet we are working on it... had to create this header for the tickets themselves. Almost done! Now I'm heading off to The Darkness to work!

We had a giant meeting yesterday and I hate to say this but we are biting off more than we can chew for the first time I think I was at a loss for words on how to do something... I gave myself a headache.

Larry

3. Default  
    One of the things we are doing different in our museum is a photo op surrounded by monsters... so customers can step in and take a picture. We wanted to make sure the url and name of the haunt is visible. The white spaces represent people standing there... that won't be in the final version but its to show 6'5 and lower people. Larry

10x10photoop2.jpg

4. Default  
    Tickets for The Darkness Haunted House Tour during the Transworld Haunt Show are now on sale here https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/bad33c They sell out fast and cheaper in January. Its going to be a huge event this year!! March 20-23, 2014.

5. Default  
    Heading down to Darkness again today and will remember to bring my camera... I forgot when I was there Friday. Tons of work has been completed and we have a long way to go! But we are going to get there... tons of pictures I will post today! BTW... I bought TONS of masks from Immortal and CFX for this tour between both I'm thinking in the area of 30 maybe. This doesn't even count last year I bought a ton from Shattered FX.

Tickets are on sale btw www.thedarkness.com

Larry

6. Default Skulliath Actormatronic 
    Here is one of the projects Larry asked us to design and build for him.

SKULLIATH Giant Actormatronic

We are trying something new.
    I sculpted some life-size hands and exaggerated skull.
    We then sent them to a company to have them laser scanned and 3d foam printed.
    I am pretty happy with the results so far.

I look forward to the final results and if you would like to experience being grabbed by it first hand then come check it out at the Darkness Tour.
    We will also have it displayed at the Haunt Show, but I think it would have a better visual impact seeing it in a scene.
    Attached Images

7. Default  
    Okay folks a couple updates here but nothing amazing to report... we are started and honestly its taking more time than I thought to clean/demo the old scenes. We are removing scenes that have been there since the first year the Darkness was in this building. The walls on top of other changes and more... hard to explain. But we are getting there. We just filled up a third giant dumpster but FINALLY I think we have everything removed. We are focused on the bathroom right now... we bought like 2000 dollars worth of real tile. I spent the day walking around some old half falling apart 500,000 square foot building that we are going into to rip out real pipes, electrical boxes, industrial fans and more starting today.

We are getting off to a slow start but its going to start flying here soon... today I also hired this excellent carpenter who's going to build the room that Gore Galore puppet is going in. We have to go on another install here in about a week so that will slow us down again but when we get back from that we'll have 14 people working on this everyday trying to finish it.

The stuff we are doing its NUTS flat out... no one is going to say this isn't our craziest renovation yet! LOL

Gore Galore is coming on Saturday to install something more on that later... and Unit 70 is done with our sawzilla animation we are going to pick it up on Tuesday. I will be down at Darkness again today so I'll snag more pics. We are shooting more CGI FX today ... this will be the wildest one we've ever done trust me! It involves a crazy clown and every single person who works in our company... and everyone including myself's head will get blown up! You'll see... shooting today!

Remember tickets are cheaper this month only www.TheDarkness.com

DSC04198.jpgDSC04196.jpg

8. Default  
    Was at Darkness all day... we shot a TON of new CGI FX and you are flat out going to laugh your balls off (LOL) when you watch it. Its so hard to explain what is going to happen I'm not even going to try. In a couple weeks we are going to shoot even more CGI FX... when its all said and done we should have about 30 FX. We have plans to help anyone who wants CGI FX have them... we are just filming away on these. The two we shot today are specifically for clowned themed haunted houses ... the ones we are filming in a couple weeks will be for normal haunts. Everything we are doing will be featured in the new Darkness. Also you see a photo of a TRUCK FULL of cool props I bought...they are REAL stone or metal statues. Also you see our bathroom scene coming together. The bathroom will be made completely with real tile, and will include cool FX inside. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com Larry

DSC04206.jpgDSC04210.JPGDSC04211.JPGDSC04213.JPGDSC04214.JPG

9. Default  
    Couple more updates... we have purchased about 30 Silicone Masks for this tour. Half of them are in check it now we have about 50 or so. We also have been buying all sorts of other things like statues and more. You will see why when we get further along. I also bought a ton of new costumes ... get tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC04219.jpgDSC04220.jpgDSC04224.JPGDSC04225.JPGDSC04226.JPG

10. Default  
    Another update... for one we worked today including myself just got home its about 10:30pm. The Darkness is a TOTAL disaster zone... we really have this place torn up! LOL

We are trying to finish our new bathroom scene so we can paint it. We are getting closer on the new bathroom its going to be sick... we are doing some fun things like a torn out wall that you can see through to the other side. Monday we'll finish it and we'll be onto painting and theming it. We have to add baseboards, props and corn molding. Next we are going to work on our new GREEN HOUSE... so who was at the Darkness none other than Gore Galore and the guys from Evilvision. They spent the whole day installing this new incredible venus fly trap... you walk through the middle of it and it swallows you. More on this later. But for now we have to make some creative changes so next week we'll focus on the Green House and bang that out. I will say by next week The Darkness will be cleaner more organized so I can take some pics. The Green House will be done and our biggest room will be started this wheelchair foyer room where an actor will ride down the stairs in a wheelchair.

Get tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

DSC04222.JPGDSC04223.JPGDSC04229.JPG

Thread Information