HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    We are working on The Darkness now daily... we are about to paint and finish the bathroom, then we are going to work on the green house where you will be swallowed by plant monsters. Check it out.

Tickets are avail at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    DSC00001.jpgDSC00002.jpgDSC00003.jpgDSC00005.jpg

2. Default  
    As I may or may not have already stated we are doing a Medusa scene here are some concepts of what we are doing... right now we are building the new Green House and painting the bathroom scene. By the end of the week we would have moved onto the wheelchair room... I'm hoping by the end of next week we could have everything upstairs built including all the construction in Terror Visions. I'm hoping within 3 weeks to have Terror Visions updates built and painted. The hardest part of this project is ALL DOWN stairs... so we are working on it last because its so complicated. I find it best to work on the easiest stuff FIRST so you don't have to stress about everything just one thing... helps you think clearer. Tickets are on sale now at www.thedarkness.com

Larry

Medusa angle left [1].jpgMedusa angle right [1].jpgMedusa end wall [1].jpg

3. Default  
    Yes we are finally moving in the right direction the bathroom is finally getting props and getting painted. Yeah! We are almost done with the Green House as well! This bathroom will be SICK trust me it will be the most detailed and sickest bathroom you've ever seen in a haunt anywhere!!!!

You can't even believe the amount detail it already has and is still going to get!!!! You want to hear something crazy our new Green House will have EIGHT animations in it!

Larry
    DSC00007.jpgDSC00009.jpgDSC00010.jpgDSC00011.jpgDSC00012.jpg

4. Default  
    Seriously getting after the Green House its going to have EIGHT animations in ONE room... if you can believe it. Getting really close to getting the Bathroom painted. We searched high and low all day for some additional furniture pieces but struck out. I will be out on Friday looking around for more pieces we need. We will start working on the staircase room this weekend ... fyi there is more to the bathroom than the room itself there is a hallway prior to it and two after it... there will be actors and CGI FX in the hallways. We also had a build a new doorway between the bathroom hallways and last years dinning room.

Larry

DSC00030.jpgDSC00031.jpgDSC00032.jpgDSC00033.jpgDSC00035.jpg

5. Default  
    Getting new barrels in the falling barrel wall so they'll roll better and be scarier. Also like I said yesterday more than one hallway being built and constructed. Here is another under the knife... the haunted house will actually be longer than it was last year because of changes we made. We took out two scenes to make one for example and created more hallways.

We also started work today and new CGI FX they are being created now. I should have something to show you within 2 weeks or so... we are shooting about 10 more in a week or two. We are working ALL weekend so even more will get done and I'll have more pictures over the weekend. Larry

DSC00036.jpgDSC00037.jpg

6. Default  
    Hey folks... lots more to report! Things are still going VERY SLOW our entire crew went off to Oregon to install some stuff. We also have to go to Atlanta later this week for more install work. However the good news is ... we will have about 18 people per day working on this for about two weeks straight then we should get a lot done. Out of the rooms we are redoing for this show we haven't started on most of them so that is where we are at... I will tell you when this bathroom is done there won't be another one like it in the WORLD! Its amazing you'll have to see it for yourself ... Get tickets now at www.thedarkness.com Larry

DSC00046.jpgDSC00048.jpgDSC00050.jpgDSC00051.jpgDSC00053.jpg

7. Default  
    More updates and for one get your tickets online NOW at www.TheDarkness.com tickets are cheaper if you buy them in January.

Now onto some updates! We are almost finished with our bathroom and its looking CRAZY! Today I brought in the giant underwear and towels we are going to nasty up. And we are about to install a bunch of crazy looking bodies... the plan is to make a ceiling out of dead bodies. The green house is also DONE minus some additional gore stuff that Gore Galore is going to make. You also see a photo of the sawzilla animation laying on the floor... check out the LONG throw of this saw. The Saw we are redoing we are adding bolts, detail and repainting so you can't see a picture of that yet... So what do you think? Looking awesome huh??? I'm telling you right now this new bathroom is the coolest bad ass bathroom you'll ever see in YOUR LIFE! Its already awesome and its missing half its props, special CGI FX, and the overflowing tub. The detail level we are on right now is legendary... hope to see you here.
    DSC00070.jpgDSC00071.jpgDSC00075.jpgDSC00077.jpgDSC00080.jpg

8. Default  
    More pictures but really testing the photos to see if they show up bigger. Will get more photos today ... Larry

DSC00062.JPGDSC00068.JPGDSC00074.JPG

9. Default  
    Still working away on the bathroom check out the super cool wheelchair and the giant pile of bodies! Today we are working on the new wheelchair room and hope to have it built by the end of the weekend then next week paint it. We will be working on the sawzilla room next week and hope to have it and the new wheelchair room done. Finally then we'll move down stairs where the work will be much more complicated. I believe if you are renovating do the easy stuff FIRST save the hardest for last... you think more clear when you only have to focus on ONE thing. Larry

DSC00091.JPGDSC00093.JPGDSC00094.JPGDSC00095.JPGDSC00100.JPG

10. Default  
    Couple things we found a cool source for Reaper robes what do you think of these bad boys... also check out this new room we are building. Is that center piece big or WHAT????? What people out there think we are crazy for going over the top well hell yeah we are going over the top! This is 110% insane and you haven't seen the half of this room. There is a piece going up in the ceiling in the middle of the room that is so big it won't fit in the building... we are trying to figure out how to do it so its still sitting in the shop. This will be our grandest most detailed mansion set we've ever done! Its started so you'll see some pics as it comes along. You can get tickets today last day in January cheaper than any other time. www.TheDarkness.com

DSC00101.JPGDSC00103.JPGDSC00106.JPGDSC00108.JPG

Thread Information