HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    We are mainly working on our wheelchair room and it won't be done until maybe Tuesday or so then we'll start painting it... check out that huge piece in the middle of the room. That is going in the ceiling... this room is GOING OVER THE TOP! I would say by next Friday the room should be totally done minus the animation that is going in the room. Get your tickets www.thedarkness.com

We are finishing this scene and working on Sawzilla next. Larry

20140201_143323.JPG20140201_144448.JPG20140201_144501.JPG20140201_144855.JPG

2. Default  
    Sorry for the lack of updates... things are going really slow. Everyone was up in Oregon and just got back tonight and another crew is up in Atlanta right now will be back in a couple days. We are planning on hitting this thing hard and heavy starting Wed on so lots of updates from that point on... we are going to hike the crew to about 20 people a day here in a bit then things will start to fly!

I'll be down at Darkness today (TUES) and I'll get some more pictures but come next week its going to go fast and furious. Probably in two weeks we'll make a video until then...

You can get your tickets at www.theDarkness.com

Larry

3. Default robes 
    I like those robes Larry! Can u share yr source. I like the tattered look!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters/weebly.com
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    Well it snowed here hard... the roads are terrible. However we did manage to get nearly a full crew on board and we got a lot done. One more day and this new staircase room will be complete. This will be the most elaborate room in the entire attraction probably. Get your tickets today at www.TheDarkness.com the next thing to do is finish this room then paint it and then finally we'll move onto the last room in The Darkness upstairs 'SawZilla'. Larry
    20140204_145906.jpeg20140204_150040.jpeg20140204_150048.jpeg

5. Default  
    Got some photos from Unit 70 today from some props in progress. We should start to see delivery from all the cool stuff we ordered within the next three weeks from all the vendors. Today we are working fast and furious to finish the biggest room we are doing then its onto Sawzilla room. After this week we should be getting downstairs and we are having a different crew start on Terror Visions tomorrow. Keep in mind all this stuff is unfinished props.

Larry

get tickets at www.thedarkness.com

234242.JPGdark2.JPGdark55.JPGphoto 1555.JPG

6. Default  
    We will get this new staircase scene done today when we put yes count it EIGHT people on it... we will finally start painting it tonight.

We are moving on to three crews to get this done before March... we are about to land a bunch of jobs so we gotta hurry now.

More pics... also wanted to let you know we are making a new how to video called How to Renovate your haunted house we almost have that done as well. Lots of stuff cooking.

Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    DSC00111.JPGDSC00112.JPGDSC00113.JPGDSC00120.JPG

7. Default  
    Take a close look at this photo... its boring not exciting and doesn't look like much. Pay close attention to this photo... in a few days I will show you another one finished. This room is getting painted as we speak even before the construction is done. This room is KILLING ME... every day I come in and something looks screwed up and then another day gets added to it. It just won't end... it will take yet another day of construction work to finish. This room will be painted over the weekend and detail work will begin sometime next week. The animation in the stairs will also get started next week. But I'm telling you this room does not appear to be coming together... so pay close attention to when it does before and after. Larry

DSC00122.JPG

8. Default  
    Stunning visuals

Stunning effort

Stunning dedication

Congratulations
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

9. Default  
    Same room just a little further along... By this time next week this room will look UNREAL! Trust me!

We have never spent more time on one room than this one.

Larry
    DSC00130.JPG

10. Default  
    Today spent a long time cleaning and cleaning our shop it was a total wreck.. we had two guys continuing the work on the grand staircase room. We are painting at the same exact time. We tried to install the Sawzilla that didn't go as planned. We will get back after that on Tuesday. On Monday we are going to finish our new jail which I have uploaded any photos of yet, we are going to get some more props we need for Sawzilla room as well on Monday. By next Friday this wheelchair room will be done, the hallways will be themed, the bathroom will be done, and Sawzilla will be done as well. We'll be onto the downstairs from there... its going to be unreal. When you come and see this in person once its all done you are NOT GOING TO BELIEVE we did this!

Larry

www.TheDarkness.com

DSC00128.JPGDSC00132.JPGDSC00133.JPGDSC00136.JPG

Thread Information