HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Default Creepy world? 
    Hey Larry,
    Are you opening Creepy World for Transworld as well?

2. Default  
    We are about to starting putting some new animations in The Darkness... next week is going to be a big one getting new sets and animations complete in the attractions. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    phot3343o 1.JPGphotoweeeee 3.JPGphotwwwo 2.JPG
    Attached Images

3. Default  
    I just wanted to mention this is one of the worst winters we've had here in St Louis and I hope because the show is further back in March it doesn't impact the show itself. Its been at or below zero degrees multiple times, its snowed more times than I can count, my pool in the back yard is frozen over I could go ice skating. We are still working snow or no snow otherwise we won't get it done.

I just hope this cold weather breaks in March... last March it was still cold but now its 10 times worse.

Some other issues to consider this year... there is major construction going on right now check out this website http://www.cityarchriver.org/

View the slideshow you see before pics then slide the tool bar over and you see 2015. Its a little harder to move around here right now because they are spending like 500 million dollars to revitalize the entire downtown arch area.

They blew up everything a few weeks ago...

I'm hoping that because the show got moved back it will be its normal 70 degrees here by the time of the show... keeping those fingers crossed.

Larry

4. Default  
    This year we are doing something way different we are doing multiple t-shirts with multiple designs. Check them out. Which ones do you like? Much to my surprise the behind the scenes tour is already 75% sold out... I'm surprised because last year it didn't totally sell out until about 2 weeks before the show. Get your tickets now www.thedarkness.com
    darkness_I_survived.jpgdarkness_lives_hand.jpgdarkness_t_line_art_zombie.jpgdarkness_t_skull_lineart.jpgdarkness_t_something_lurking.jpg Larry

5. Default  
    Couple things... this is probably the last year we do a major renovation to The Darkness because we bought a new building. We plan on building a new haunt in St Louis for 2015 ... so maybe in 2015 we'll showcase a new haunted house. So we are really trying to blow out this place... this is by far the best renovation work we've ever done. Its going to be mind blowing. Get your tickets now at www.thedarkness.com

Picking up 90% of everything from Unit 70 stuff Thursday. More pics coming soon! www.thedarkness.com

Larry
    DSC00141.JPGDSC00142.JPGDSC00145.JPGDSC00148.JPGDSC00149.JPG

6. Default  
    FYI... a couple more things.

1) By the end of Friday I will have some really nice photos for you! By the end of the day Thursday everything up stairs will be done construction wise. On Friday we are going to have 10 guys do nothing but move props in, screw stuff up, work on pipes you name it all day long! Our plan is to get down stairs on Monday and tackle the two hardest scenes we have to do Medusa and this Giant Puppet room.

2) Terror Visions is getting started on Wed and that will take about 10 days of construction and about 14 days of painting. That will come along soon enough. No pictures of renovations of Terror Visions until late next week. We have painters in Atlanta finishing a project once they are done we are going to really jump on Terror Visions.

3) Tickets for the behind the scenes tour is about 75% sold out now. This is going to be hands down the most complicated renovation we've ever done... I think if you are looking for some new ides we are going to turn this thing upside down for sure.

4) We are going to make a video like we did last year sometime next week... so look for that soon! We just have to get further along first.

Gore Galore, Ghost Ride and Unit 70 are sending tons of stuff this week so we'll have lots to do very soon! We are hoping to complete this project by the end of this month so we can work on a new project we got and build a booth for the Haunt Show.

We will be selling CGI FX via DVD's so you can make your own FX. We should have about 50 FX or so.

Larry

7. Default Something is lurking... 
    My fav. shirt. I like the realistic "photolike" look.

Wicked Farmer

8. Default  
    FYI... we are coming out with a new DVD which we are shooting right now called 'How to Renovate Your Haunted House' will be available in about 30 days. Will be added to the store soon! www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com The video will be us explaining how to renovate your haunted house what steps you need to take, what you need to do, how to do it, and some how to tips to boot. Will be going on sale on the website any day! Its tied into the Darkness because we filmed it inside The Darkness. Larry

how_to_renovate_haunted_house_2014_dvd_cover.jpg

9. Default I like 
    I survived the darkness crisp and simple. how much are they and are you going to have them on the show floor like to pick one up when I'm at your booth making other purchases.

10. Default  
    We will have them at the Darkness during the show. Not sure the cost yet I'm just not getting prices to print them. Look forward to seeing you. Larry

Thread Information