HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Darkness Haunted House Transworld Haunt Tour 2014 - Renovation Thread

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    We'd move to come to Memphis and we might be coming to a few cities near you soon enough. Its a new thing we are offering... haunt owners out there can contact us and we'll discuss transforming their haunt into the market leaders.

On another note...

This week we are really hoping to get this thing done we haven't started a booth yet so we are hoping next week! This week expect a lot of pictures of Terror Visions and a lot of picture of Medusa. We did NOT get to hard coat it on Sunday now that is getting done Tuesday night.

It snowed sleeted and everything else here its a mess here.

Several pics of Terror Visions later today.

Larry

2. Default  
    Check out this bad boy... awesome piece of art. We are going to do several photo shoots for the haunts this year with our actors and turn them into logos icons or whatever. This is the first one...

You can still get your tickets to the tour www.thedarkness.com

Larry

scarefest_doctor_character_2014.jpg

3. Default  
    We got the hard coating done... trying to get this done its getting tough. Larry

DSC00422.JPGDSC00423.JPGDSC00424.JPG

4. Default  
    Here is an update...

1) The private behind the scenes tour has maybe 20 tickets left. We have no more room because we are serving food and reserving chairs and stuff. If you want to do this event here is what is happening... you will go through the behind the scenes tour first, come out in our shop grab some food sit down and we'll explain how we built, marketing the attraction whatever you want to know. We will go through it all... very educational experience. Again only like 20 tickets left.

2) Thursday night behind the scenes tour they also have limits BECAUSE of how slow everyone walks through there... that tour has about 35 tickets left. Go to www.TheDarkness.com and get your tickets NOW!

3) Update on the haunt itself... I'll be honest we are changing some stuff because we've simply run out of time. We can't do everything I wanted to do because of snow and bad weather. We are being impacted by weather like our synergy froze, couldn't get things hard coated, you name it because of the really bad weather here. This might be the worst weather we've had in years. With that being said our focus right now is simply to finalize what we already have going and we are hoping to do that by the end of this week. We are picking up more props from Unit 70 Friday, Gore Galore is bring in the last puppet so we'll have everything but the claw game we wanted to build is getting nixed no time...

The Medusa room looks really really good... as you can see not only did we FINALLY get it hard coated, but we have also sprayed it down with concrete. Its getting painted TODAY! The last room downstairs is also getting finalized hopefully today. We will start painting on that maybe Saturday. But after that its off to working on a booth for Transworld. We have no choice. We've put a lot into Darkness and honestly to do all I wanted to do would take another month and we just don't have it... so we are in the process of wrapping up everything we are working on it and moving onto our booth. Wish us luck!

Medusa is going to look incredible... pictures coming soon!

DSC00433.JPGDSC00438.JPGDSC00439.JPGDSC00445.JPGDSC00447.JPG

2)

5. Default  
    THIS CGI FX is going in the haunt ...

6. Default  
    Lots of updates today... we had about 20 people working today. I stayed working myself I was the last one to leave around 1am. We have to get this done... we bit off way more than we can chew that I can say honestly right now. On the other hand this is probably the best haunted house renovation in the history of haunts... I'm just saying if someone could do bigger, or better than this I'll be there with bells on. Its unbelievable what we've done and somehow so way we are going to TRY and get it done in less than a week what should take another month.

We are trying! We'll have another 15 to 20 people again today working. This is probably the biggest most expensive renovation we've ever done and yes I'm TOTALLY AND UTTERLY CRAZY FOR DOING IT! ANYONE and i mean ANYONE who doesn't come well they are crazier than me... this haunt will offer so much inspiration, idea's and invocation enough I might say for 10 haunt tours. Its really that outrageous.

We are planning on finishing Medusa today, we are planning on trying to finalize the last room today, and then its off to working on Terror Visions to finalize that thing. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

DSC00449.JPGDSC00455.JPGDSC00458.JPGDSC00459.JPGDSC00460.JPG

7. Default  
    The last several days everyone has worked 12 to 14 hours a day to get this done for the haunt industry... we hope you love it!

Here are more pictures get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

I think by next week we'll start on our booth, while half the crew works to finalize Darkness.

DSC00461.JPGDSC00464.JPGDSC00466.JPGDSC00476.JPGDSC00477.JPG

Larry

8. Default  
    Couple updates... I'm telling you without ANY QUESTION this will be the best haunted house you've ever seen on a tour! Its flat out incredible at this point... Terror Visions is now the main focus and its really coming together now. Check out the pictures... and yes we are back in the claw game we've that scene in production.

Terror Visions now is unreal!

And to think its simply and merely an add on haunt to The Darkness... I think right now it would stand alone as one of the best 30 haunts in the country its THAT FAR NOW!

If you don't come to the tour you are really really really going to miss out.

Larry
    DSC00491.JPGDSC00493.JPGDSC00519.JPGDSC00520.JPGDSC00522.JPG

9. Default  
    How about two updates at the same time...

BTW In case you didn't hear I'm now doing a seminar at Transworld called 'How to Renovate your Haunted House' I will basically be trying to explain how to give your haunt a World class renovation. Go to www.hauntshow.com and sign up now!

Anyway we are in the FINAL stages of renovation at this point... we finished painting Medusa and finally took off the plastic and we are in the final process of painting our last room.

You are going to be BLOWN AWAY... this is BY FAR without ANY F*C*K*NG DOUBT the biggest, baddest, most over the top, craziest renovation we've EVER DONE PERIOD!

Get your tickets RIGHT NOW www.thedarkness.com

Larry

DSC00496.JPGDSC00499.JPGDSC00504.JPGDSC00514.JPGDSC00518.JPG

10. Default  
    Is that the Dragonborn from Skyrim in with Medusa?

Love the floor leading into giant clown thanks impressive.

Jake

Thread Information