HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Hauntworld Magazine Issue 34/35/36

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Hauntworld Magazine Issue 34/35/36 
    I hope the next issue is 34 I think I've lost track... LOL!

Anyway we are looking for haunts who want to be featured in the next magazine! We are also looking for some articles...

Lastly if you have some suggestions on articles you'd like to see post them here. The next issue will release in January.

Hit us up!

Larry

2. Default  
    Larry,

You are welcome to visit our haunt in Washington DC. It's is the first one inside the beltway in downtown DC.

Also, regarding your articles, I would like to offer my ideas in article form. I once wrote for Magic magazine. Since I am now a haunt owner my illusions and concepts could help the haunt community. I would even like to write this article for each issue. U still have my info so call me if interested.
    RIP

~The Imagineer~

Andrew de Ruiter

Download part 1 of Andrew's Black Book of ideas for haunts here:
    http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=EGQDK8HZ

3. Default  
    I'd like to see more on set detail, and scare tactics.

Jake

4. Default Article Suggestion 
    I'd like to see an article with suggestions from successful pro-haunters on finding/renting/buying/leasing a good haunt location or facility.
    What to look for.
    What to avoid.
    Good point and bad point comparisons between renting/buying, trailer haunt, tent, fabric structure, existing structure.
    Suggestions on selling a landlord on the idea of a haunted house?

There are a lot of aspects on which this type of article could focus.

5. Default Show a little love... 
    ...to some home haunts? I think it would be neat to see a home haunt or two up in there with the pros. Maybe a page or two article. Just an idea.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abunai View Post
    I'd like to see an article with suggestions from successful pro-haunters on finding/renting/buying/leasing a good haunt location or facility.
    What to look for.
    What to avoid.
    Good point and bad point comparisons between renting/buying, trailer haunt, tent, fabric structure, existing structure.
    Suggestions on selling a landlord on the idea of a haunted house?

There are a lot of aspects on which this type of article could focus.
    I totally agree. Plus maybe there could be a real estate agent in the mix, to give us perspective from "the other side" of the equation.

7. Default  
    I love all the idea's keep them coming... some really good ones!!! If someone is interested in having their haunted house featured call Patti 314 629 3940

Larry

8. Default  
    I'm not sure if you've written about this recently, but how about an article on queue line entertainment? I feel like more haunted attractions are starting to realize the value of entertaining crowds from the moment they drive onto the parking lot until the moment they drive away. Also... having great actors interact with audiences as they're waiting for 1...2... even 3 or more hours can really help build up suspense for the attraction or at the very least take a customer's mind off of the amount of time it takes to stand in line. The article can even focus on how some of the top attractions theme their queue lines.
    Ryan

http://SCREAMFREAK.com
    Virginia's Best Haunted Attractions

9. Default  
    I totally agree with u in fact we've been doing a lot more of it ourselves and during our haunt tour at transworld we will really focus on this. So sure thing.

We are currently looking for haunts who want to be featured.

Larry

10. Default  
    We are working on the cover and the first articles are being organized right now... we are about to make the biggest push ever for new subscribers with a massive 5000 piece mailing to haunt owners, pumpkin patchs and more.

We just got some great news we are doing a big feature story on the new year around haunt in Orlando. More coming soon! We are hoping to ship in January. If you don't have a subscription get one now at www.hauntedhousemagazine.com

Larry

Thread Information