HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: MHC sold to Transworld

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicenterDesigns View Post
    We attend both TW and MHC, and I attend each one for different reasons.

TW is for buying and seeing the latest and greatest in person. You have alot more selection with bigger names selling their wares.
    The seminars are ok, but priced to high IMO for what you can get.

MHC is where I go to the seminars. To rub elbows with your peers, meet new people and you are able to talk to vendors, haunt owners, and others more freely without the stress TW puts on them. The parties are good also.
    The haunt tours are better at MHC also.

If MHC stays relatively the same and the cost of seminars and other activities do not jump in price, we will continue to go.
    Agree with this. I go to both. I go for different reasons. I do really like the seminars at MHC. I like that they encourage you to move in and out of them if they aren't what you want. I spend most of my time in there instead of the sales floor.

2. Default  
    Transworld has to figure out a way to make money on this show the old fashion way... vendors aren't just lined up around the block to display at this show paying tons of money. Seminars no matter who you get to speak won't change what people are willing to pay and the haunt tours well those better be as good or better than it was before... I just can't personally see this being TW cup of tea. This show was produced from a heart of passion for doing it, money was secondary. I'm doubting this will last ... its one of those things I'll believe it when I see it!

I'll say again I would have rather seen these guys really buckle down on the main show to grow that event not spread their limited time across several things. I think its a mistake.

Larry

3. Default  
    Jenny is here at iaapa talking about Mhc to whomever wants to discuss it. Tonight they are hosting a free dinner and drinks for everyone here at iaapa. She talked to me a bit about it she mainly said they want it to be a cash and carry show whereas St. Louis they don't. Soo.....

she he was reading all the comments on here and said she was expecting some peoples reaction would be negative it kind of goes with the territory. So come up and ask her about she's here. Larry

4. Default  
    BTW, when I talked to Jenny about buying MHC she said she wants MHC to be a cash and carry show, while the show in St Louis will not be. She stated they are not expecting because they bought a bunch of the bigger vendors to buy booths or anything... I basically took out of the conversation that it will mainly stay as is and focus on getting vendors who want to sell product on the spot.

So I think the focus on MHC going forward is that TW will try to find vendors who will bring product to the show to sell it on the spot and keep most of the other things the same. They will head up the seminars themselves I'm guessing and don't 'know if they will changing any of the pricing.

We'll see.

She did kind of get on me a bit because of some of the comments made on here by me and others... I told her I thought people said what you should have expected the minute you bought the thing. She didn't disagree.

Its a wait and see what happens kind of thing.

Larry

Thread Information