HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Which Con is Best for a New Business?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Some Suggestions 
    I have attended Hauntcon, MHC, West Coast Haunters Convention, ScareLA, and Transworld in the last year. Depending on your budget and readiness to take the plunge what's best will vary. I notice that you are from Seattle which might impact your decsion based on cost.

Disclosure - I am associated with Hauntcon, WCHC and HauntX. I will be speaking at Transworld this year.

Hauntcon -January - Great haunt business education bang for the buck, It's always great to visit others haunts. In my experience the two-day preshow tour is always loaded with haunt owners. Lots of shop talk takes place between stops. And it is less than a month from now in Houston.

MHC - June - Great for networking, the education tends to be more actor training oriented, very strong haunt tours.

WCHC - May - More home haunter oriented and it has the merit of being the closest show to you. There will be plenty of technique related classes, some of the vendor presentations were very strong last year. The Davis Graveyard presentations are worth the price of admission alone. Given your location a good networking opportunity.

ScareLA - August? - Not a tradition haunt show more of a Halloween show. Vendor floor was good this year and from what I hear will be better next year.

Transworld - March - Many have commented about this show. I'll add, if you attend you should consider coming in early and attending the all-day class they put on. You get a wide range of topics of interest to haunt owners in 30 minute slices. The tradeshow is the largest by far.

HauntX - First year for this show in Reno next May. This show is working very hard to attact pro haunt owners and the emphasis of the education is practical application of haunt information. Most of the education is included in the price of admission. I'd suggest you keep an eye on this show to see how it shapes up. Because of the geography, low admission price, and inexpensive rooms this might be a good fit.

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryTinker View Post
    I have attended Hauntcon, MHC, West Coast Haunters Convention, ScareLA, and Transworld in the last year. Depending on your budget and readiness to take the plunge what's best will vary. I notice that you are from Seattle which might impact your decsion based on cost.

Disclosure - I am associated with Hauntcon, WCHC and HauntX. I will be speaking at Transworld this year.

Hauntcon -January - Great haunt business education bang for the buck, It's always great to visit others haunts. In my experience the two-day preshow tour is always loaded with haunt owners. Lots of shop talk takes place between stops. And it is less than a month from now in Houston.

MHC - June - Great for networking, the education tends to be more actor training oriented, very strong haunt tours.

WCHC - May - More home haunter oriented and it has the merit of being the closest show to you. There will be plenty of technique related classes, some of the vendor presentations were very strong last year. The Davis Graveyard presentations are worth the price of admission alone. Given your location a good networking opportunity.

ScareLA - August? - Not a tradition haunt show more of a Halloween show. Vendor floor was good this year and from what I hear will be better next year.

Transworld - March - Many have commented about this show. I'll add, if you attend you should consider coming in early and attending the all-day class they put on. You get a wide range of topics of interest to haunt owners in 30 minute slices. The tradeshow is the largest by far.

HauntX - First year for this show in Reno next May. This show is working very hard to attact pro haunt owners and the emphasis of the education is practical application of haunt information. Most of the education is included in the price of admission. I'd suggest you keep an eye on this show to see how it shapes up. Because of the geography, low admission price, and inexpensive rooms this might be a good fit.
    Great breakdown. I was not aware of HauntX, so thanks for the heads up on that. That's driving distance for me, so I'll definitely keep my eye out on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information