HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Worst Luck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Worst Luck 
    Alright I don't know about all of you, but every season our chainsaws always break!!!!!!

Do you have the same problem?
    or if not, what type of chainsaw do you use that works like a charm?

Thanks,
    Nic

2. Default  
    Stihl is what we use,

3. Default We had same issue until 
    We decided to spend the extra money and buy only Echo chainsaws and last season (our 2nd and 3rd season for some saws) we had to replace plug on one and pull cord on another. We were having to do these repairs on a nightly basis when we used Poulan, Craftsman and McCullock that were $100 each vs the $200-$250 on the Echos.

Good luck,

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

4. Default  
    Option I keep considering is the Spooky Props Electronic chainsaw! http://spookyprops.com/chainsaw.html

No matter how good the chainsaw, there is always that chance for a misfire. Funny how someone goes through the entire attraction, thoroughly enjoys every minute, then the damn chainsaw misfires and they walk away disappointed!!!

The $750 price tag is always a consideration, but then how much do you spend on chainsaws, gas, repairs etc. every year?????

Just saying.....
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

5. Default  
    I worked at a volunteer fire department haunted house for many years and we used a little of everything but stihl worked the best and we had some break too but the people that was running them was over revving them and causing them to blow up .... Don't know if thats what you maybe have going on ...

6. Default  
    I hate to sound like a jerk here but that spooky props chainsaw screams LAME to me every time I hear it. It sounds like a recording, not real. Its one of those things that when actually spend more on something, its much worse than a cheap $100 chainsaw. If you indoors I kinda get it, but outside it sounds pretty bad.

DA

7. Default  
    I broke down a couple of years ago and bought a Husqvarna. Haven't had a single problem since. I WAS buying a Poulan every year. I agree that the fake one is not an option after seeing one in action. Also, a lot of people don't realize that the chain can be on the saw with very little alterations.
    Like a midget at a urinal, you gotta be on your toes

http://www.wellstownshiphauntedhouse.com

8. Default  
    We always used Craftsman. We went through 2 a year most seasons but, they are cheap enough where even if ou buy 2 or three a year it won't kill your budget.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

9. Default I have an idea... 
    What if you bought a cheap gas powered chainsaw....
    1. Cheap gas powered saw.
    2. When it miss fires you have a back up mp3 sound repeater on a foot trigger with very loud clear speakers.
    3. You could set up a pair of speakers one next to the actor and another about 8 to 10 feet away towards the exit.
    This can be a permanent solution to a indoor haunt.
    Volume = SCARY.
    4. FYI... I have a good chainsaw sound on my machines of death CD.
    http://www.poisonprops.com/vol-5-machines-of-death/

10. Default  
    Husqvarna.

Stop being cheap.

I've had mine for 12 years, was owned by a local farmer before that. Other then a 80 dollar rebuild three years ago on the piston, it starts the first time every time. I even use mine in the off season to trim.

Or Stihl.

But Echo, Poulan, etc are all junk. I've seen them all and played with most. Terrible vibration in the hand, torque is iffy, and they're unreliable.

Trust me, spend 300-350, and enjoy it for years to come.

Thread Information