HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Worst Luck

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    We have an indoor haunt, and honestly, the spookyprops chainsaw does drop groups. Not as good as a real chainsaw would, but, I won't use a real one indoors with the fumes. I really like Adam's idea with adding remotely triggered speakers in the room with the chainsaw. I may add that to the current room I am using the spookyprops chain saw in to supplement the effect.
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

2. Default  
    In the 23 years I've been in the haunted hayride business, I have used every brand of saw out there and have found that it is the person using it. They will all break down but if you have a person operating one that has an idea about small engines it will save you. We have used Poulans for the past several years. They work fine, they are lighter and pull over easy. Trust me get the right person running it and don't spend 300.00 on chainsaw for a prop.

3. Default Husqvarna - pricey but it lasts. 
    Husqvarna is what we use. We have used it two seasons now without any problems. Starts right up, and keeps running. When the season is over, we put the chain back on it and use it around the house (outside - no trimming banisters and stuff). I looked at the fake chainsaws but the sound was not right. Plus, my guys will put the chain bar down on the tram rail which is metal, and the vibration adds to the scare. I have a Poulan - is sits in one of our haunt rooms as a static prop.

Otherwise go with Stihl. Everything else I use around here is Stihl, and you just can beat their stuff.
    Travis "Big T" Russell
    President
    Big T Productions Inc

Owner and Operator of "The Plague" and "Camp Nightmare"

Customer Quote of the year: "Damn, I pissed myself"

4. Default Great subject 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic Miele View Post
    Alright I don't know about all of you, but every season our chainsaws always break!!!!!!

Do you have the same problem?
    or if not, what type of chainsaw do you use that works like a charm?

Thanks,
    Nic
    The problem is not the chainsaws. we have used all brands>> the problem is maintainance and TLC. I have a solution to your pull cords. If you'd like I can bring some to Transworld and show you how to never replace them again..Unlesss you cut it..

5. Default  
    I know nothing about gas engines. I was recently told by my mechanic, who I trust in general, that I should use only ethanol free gas for small engines like chainsaws and generators. Something about regular gas causing built up in parts like the carborator. Anyone knowledgeable about that?

6. Default  
    I agree with Slain. Need to take care of them...

Never had a problem with all those brands.

Your not even cutting wood with them and they are breaking down...Really...

Stew

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Harry View Post
    In the 23 years I've been in the haunted hayride business, I have used every brand of saw out there and have found that it is the person using it. They will all break down but if you have a person operating one that has an idea about small engines it will save you. We have used Poulans for the past several years. They work fine, they are lighter and pull over easy. Trust me get the right person running it and don't spend 300.00 on chainsaw for a prop.
    Not sure what you being 23 years old in the haunt business has to do with anything...???

DA

8. Default  
    DA, he said he has been in business 23 years, not he is 23.
    Mrfoos, you are correct, you should try to avoid ethanol fuel. 10% ethanol won't bother much, but anything over that is very bad for the engines.
    I like to use a bigger saw(engine size) because it has a deeper sound.

9. Default  
    You're right, sorry about that.

DA

10. Default  
    Nothing beats a real saw, go to Lowe's pay $350 for a Husqvarna 50cc saw. Take the chain off the bar. Double the amount of oil you need to mix in the gas," this makes it smoke more." Drill 2 or 3- 1/4" holes in the muffler," this makes it louder and gives it a pop." Most importantly let someone that knows what there doing operate it.

Thread Information