HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Building a Big Foot Costume... pretty awesome

1. Default Building a Big Foot Costume... pretty awesome 

Friend of mine Patrick Magee sent this over... he's making this for a movie!

Larry

2. Default Big Foot Costume 
    That is awesome, most people don't realize the work that goes into a suit like this. Imagine punching one hair at a time just on the head, not to mention the chest, hands and feet.

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

3. Default Face 
    Pretty cool but would like to have seen the face a little flatter and rounder like a person? But still awesome face movements for sure! Shane and it's love me some Bigfoot!!!!

4. Default Wow 
    Crazy awesome work! (Besides the blue on the nose area, makes it look like a baboon nose)

5. Default  
    Who would like to see these guys make costumes for the haunt industry... he's thinking about it. What kind of over sized creature costumes would you like to see made? Larry

6. Default Bigfoot 
    Fantastic work. Refreshing to see something not CGI.

7. Default  
    That costume is made by Winston Studios.

There are many people in the industry that can easily make this costume...

But at what cost? I think most will not pay the high amount....

Another issue is there are at least 3 actors controling it. One in the costume and two with remotes.

You think haunts will give up 3 actors on 1 costume... I think not.....

Stew

8. Default  
    Hold the phone for a second... there would not be any remote controls in the costumes so all that wouldn't be in the costume. A costume with all that stuff would cost about 20k and yes I agree no haunt would want it... what we are talking about here is monster costumes for haunts with none of that other stuff.

What do you think haunts would pay for a super high end costume. Larry

9. Default Price Point for Bigfoot Costume 
    I would be thrilled if it was in the $1500.00 range, we operate outdoors so It's a Huge investment to put a high end costume on an actors back. I loved the Meat Man costume that Robert Kurtzman had last season but just couldn't spend $2700 on one costume. I'd like to hear other folks price points..

Thanks,

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

10. Default "Flatter" Rounder face? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Quote Originally Posted by graystone View Post
    Pretty cool but would like to have seen the face a little flatter and rounder like a person? But still awesome face movements for sure! Shane and it's love me some Bigfoot!!!!
    I think maybe the reason it is not flatter or rounder is because... that has been done before.
    When hiring someone to put the tiny hairs all over this "Monkey Suit" just simply place an ad in the local paper:"Ever wanted to punch Bigfoot?"

Thread Information