HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Prison bus ride

1. Question Prison bus ride 
    Does anyone remember a prison haunt a couple of years ago, where the patrons were pushed into the back of an old school bus. The bus was bumping from side to side as the bus ran over "pedestrians" in a video that was shown through the windshield of the bus.
    I would like to contact them, to see how they set up the video.

Thanks!

2. Default  
    I don't know what haunt that's from, but Terror Visions at The Darkness has a very similar effect with an ice cream truck that rocks all over the place and all the windows are tv screens with CGI effects so it looks like you're driving wildly down a road, nailing mailboxes and such. Perhaps you can talk to Larry about it?
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

3. Default  
    Never heard of it... I will tell you though that we once did a subway ride in the old Darkness meaning our original building.

I have for many years wanted to do an effect where people see a guy driving a car, bus, subway whatever and you walk through and we did that with our ice scream truck. But we also did that many years prior with a subway. But never heard of anyone doing a scene like you are describing.

Larry

4. Talking Prison Bus Simulator 
    Hi,
    Not sure who's prison bus you saw but we did the same exact thing. we had our's featured on America's Scariest Halloween Attractions 3 a few years ago.
    I use a projector on the front windshield and the bus is on air bags to make it move up, down and side to side.
    Here is the video, watch at 29:02
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aon0J5eU0Nw&sns=em
    Phil Miller
    Frightland
    Frightphil@aol.com
    Last edited by Phil Miller; 03-21-2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Bad link
    frightland.com

5. Default  

Thread Information