HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How "Embellished" is your Haunt?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Crazy Acres 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Was the name of a place 18 miles from me, go-carts, batting machines, miniture golf and a maze built on a concrete floor outdoors , plywood sheets . they made a game out of it by having a timed search for a couple of little numbered signs(or something?) then you had to find your way back to the time clock to punch it and prizes were given.
    My Great Uncle owned it once but the Night Club he owned just up the road is where he got rich, and he built the whole place himself, I guess that he was very talented , I never met him.

2. Default  
    You know, the weird part for me is that the actual history of our place, with Murders, suicides, Bonnie and Clyde, rich oil barons and such, the embellished, fabricated parts of the stories seem to carry the most weight. It's odd, the true stuff is so much more awesome but people really buy into the fake parts we made up.
    Alex Lohmann

Owner/Operator 13th Street Morgue Haunted House www.13thstreetmorgue.com
    Owner/Operator Dungeon of Doom Haunted House www.dungeonofdoomtexas.com
    Owner/Operator When Hinges Creak LLC. www.whenhingescreak.com
    PR Director for Reindeer Manor Haunted Abusement Park www.rmabusementpark.com
    Founder of Dallas Trocars Hearse Club www.dallastrocars.com
    Rev Yum Yum

3. Default Here I tell it in various styles 
    Seriously can make some too scared, so I usually interject some attempted humor to thereby provide them with a choice , to go with the funny parts or to believe the truth of what I am saying.
    You seriously take the time to tell some people a true, scary story, right in the old house that the event(s) actually happened in, some people wil not be "Happy" with the experience.
    I do often ask them what they prefer and go with it. Sometimes I just try some of each and try to judge what they seemed to like between the two.
    I introduce them to the house by telling them this is not like a Hollywood horror movie, no extreme things happen or have happened here .

4. Default Amazing... 
    Jim, I so need to make a trip to experience your place one of these days.....I'm dying (no pun intended) to take the tour....One of these days, Jim...one of these days.....

5. Default Thank You For the Compliment. 
    It's more than a hop. skip. jump from where you are to here.
    "Only minutes from anywhere, if you drive FAST!!!"
    Last night a woman brought her Brother and Sister here as we were told she plans upon getting Married in June and that she would love to bring as many of the wedding guests HERE as she could then.
    She was talking maybe 55 people?
    I would be taking then in in small groups. One time a man organized a team event that involved cross-country biking , swimming across the Mississippi River, back to the bikes, riding here , they walked in the front door and out the exot tunnel, got back on bikes?
    This "Quest" began that morning . The "sport" who organzed it started them on their day by hiding their bikes!
    This sport involved more than 100 people that day.
    We have had some strange events here.
    Use to host Murder Mysteries, still do Hyde & Shreik Parties, tried some scavenger hunts, done Ghost-Seeker's Night....

Thread Information