HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: In terms of Legality, What are some things Haunts can't do?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default In terms of Legality, What are some things Haunts can't do? 
    Are there things haunts aren't aloud to do? I guess if it sounds dangerous iit's probably not good for a haunt, huh?

Like moving floors, rising floors, moving walls, etc...

~TheNightMare

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightMare View Post
    Are there things haunts aren't aloud to do? I guess if it sounds dangerous iit's probably not good for a haunt, huh?

Like moving floors, rising floors, moving walls, etc...

~TheNightMare
    There are haunts that have moving floors and walls and there's nothing wrong with that -- as long as all safety precautions are taken.

Myself? I'm too too cautious -- always afraid of the "What if." But, I honestly feel I cannot have the kind of haunt I want unless I push myself beyond that cautious point. So....
    This year, I'm having a chain link gate slam down on top of their heads. Well, not exactly on their heads, but you know what I mean.

3. Default  
    Beyond fire codes, I don't know that it is so much about legalities as it is what will your insurance company allow you to do and still cover you.

4. Default  
    Technically you cannot have movie characters in your haut without an agreement from the studio that put out the movie. But most haunts get around this by just saying things like hockey mask killer instead of jason.

5. Default  
    Hmmm let me think on this one. With dealing with insurance company's in the past they always ask these questions.
    Will there be any of the following?
    Hangman or hangmans noose.
    Suspension bridges
    Unlevel floors
    Animals
    those are just a few.
    I know there are more but cant think of them right off hand.
    Basically they are worried by these things for the patrons safety.
    I have seen haunts with all the above. Im not sure but I imagine they pay more liability for having such things in there haunt. The hangmans noose is a big no no mainly because of actors or kids working in the haunt putting themselves in it and then hanging themselves. But you could use a harness and a rubber noose that isnt really attached to anything but maybe a strip of velcro. But those are some of the things I can think of right now Im sure there are more.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

6. Default  
    Our insurance company refuses to insure any haunt which includes a chain-saw. And yes, that's without a chain - go figure.

7. Default  
    tot13: www.spookyprops.com is your best bet for that problem. Looks and sounds like a real one but it is not.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

8. Default  
    Thanks for the link. That is really expensive for just one prop.

9. Default A different kind of legality 
    Be careful what you do with children and females. You don't want any of your actors arrested for allegedly molesting anyone by grabbing them in the wrong spot.

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Surveilence cameras throughout the haunt and the threat of such will keep people behaving much beter and will also make theft and threatened lawsuits diminished greatly.
    Sad the world has come to this...but it does "work".
    I recently corrected a little boy who said,"This is the part of the house where they run their hands up and down all over your body!"
    "No it isn't! If someone did that to you the last time that you were here and they were working for me in the house, they would be fired and asked to leave immeadiately."
    People's imaginations can get carried away, afterall this is what we are all trying to do, interact with their imaginations.

Thread Information