HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: In terms of Legality, What are some things Haunts can't do?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Hey Jim I had hands put all over me in that same room! Somethings really fishy here! Hmmm maybe it was four paws!!!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "four paws" might be a fore runner to fore play?
    No catnip in your pocket, no action for you!

3. Default  
    Jim's right. Closed circuit serveillance systems are a must for professional haunted attractions. We have over 30 cameras located throughout the Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride complex, including views from the ticket booth, concessions, waiting lines and driveways. Indoor cameras have infrared illumination and give quality pictures even in pitch darkness. The important thing to remember is that video surveillance is only as good as your archive system. If you use a time lapse VCR, you need to keep back up tapes for each night of your season. Thats a pain in the butt and easy to overlook. The best system is a high capacity DVR. They are available from several hundred gigs to a teribite of space. A 1000 gig harddrive can hold video from 16 cameras, 24/7, for over 45 days It also has remote viewing capability, and onboard DVD burner, and advanced search modes. If you want to view a specific camera at a specific date and time, you just punch in the info and go directly to the video. The best part is that even while you are watching live feeds, or recorded video, this system is still recording all cameras at the same time. When you catch someone busting up the place, you detain them, and burn a copy of their actions, and hand the culprit and DVD over to the police. Another plus is entertainment value. First, post a sign stating that "you will be under video surveillance at all times, and anyone caught damaging props or striking actors will be prosocuted." Then, place a monitor with a live feed from the attraction, showing a good scare (but not giving the location away). This reinforces the fact that there are cameras onsite, and entertains the people waiting in line.
    Randy Bates
    The Bates Motel and Haunted Hayride
    www.thebatesmotel.com

4. Default  
    I agree with everything Randy mentioned in his last post. Especially if you have a large haunted house in a major city with a large amount of people everynight. I imagine Edge of Hell in Kansas City could have settled there problem this past year if they had cameras everywhere. They may have been able to stop any false allegations that very night! Its just too easy for someone to claim oh I was grabbed or pulled away from my group ect ect. In this day and age unfortunately anybody can say just about anything and the police will believe it. Espesscially if it s a women making the accusations.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    But Damon wasn't the" Edge Of Hell" incident alleged to have taken place in a rest room?
    Admitting to having cameras surveiling people in a bathroom might get more trouble than anything else!
    Sort of like the couple celebrating their first anniversity who saw themselves in their Hotel Honeymoon bed on a big screen TV while in Vegas! They were the stars of this show! The Hotel owner back home lost everything in court according to the newspaper reports...but then you can't believe everything that you read in the papers..........the Hotel owner said it was his manager hiding the camera in their room......

6. Default  
    Yes Jim the alleged rape was supposed to of happened in a bathroom. At least the girl claimed it was because she claimed she was in total dark and the back of her head hit a sink. And yes it is illegal to have cameras in public bathrooms or any bathroom period I guess unless it is your on personal bathroom. And really who wants to watch that. But anyway what I was saying Jim she claimed she was pulled from her group in the haunt then taken to this make believe bathroom and then raped. Which we all know this was a false report now. I was just saying if they had cameras in most areas of the haunt. Equipped with nightvision for total dark areas they could have pretty much pinpointed the time this occured and seen if this really happened or not. Im glad it didnt happen Edge of Hell is in my top 5 favorite haunted houses. Yours is too by the way Jim LOL! So keep those cameras going! Ha ha! And not in your bathroom!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    Of course when my one certain employee is here we wouldn't need cameras in the bathroom because he's watching them by looking straight up through the toilet. No, I don't have to pay him, he has some kind of a strange fetish or something?

One October a helper of mine accidently walked through the bathroom as a female customer was sitting on the toilet.
    I was about 15 feet away in the next room ,I heard the squak, she was mad, flustered, blustery, I calmly told her that it was no big deal.
    "What do you mean?"
    "All right Frank, tell her what your Dad does for a living."
    "My Dad's a gynecolgist." And he is!

8. Default  
    Heres one that any Firefighter knows... NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER POINT ANY AIR CHIZLE AT ANYONE. The chizle is using air pressure to work. Figure it this way what happens when u put a piece of paper in a straw and put pressure behind it... usually the piece of paper goes flying. Well same thing that chizle will Go flying at the person you are pointing it at. O and those safety springs on those guns are notorious to break. Also Air Chizles are made to have a load so firing it without it against anything will damage it.

P.S. Sorry for the spelling...
    5 years in the business and still ticking
    Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
    USSN

9. Default Air cannon thread 
    You might want to post that in the recent thread about air cannons also. I would assume that the posters aren't planning on shooting them towards anyone, but it never hurts to point that out.

10. Default  
    Just releasing compressed air towards a dusty, dirty floor can put crud into people's eyes, not a pleasant experience!
    "Boy! That was FUN! Let's buy another ticket and go back in there, I've never intentionally had dirt forced into my eyes before!"

Thread Information