HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Clown Scene?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Clown Scene? 
    CLOWN SCENE?

Hello all. This year we have decided that we want a clown scene… I am opening the thread for ideas, previous experiences, or what you’ve done in the past with a clown.. I’d like to have more than one clown in the room.. Maybe 3, a little girl, etc… Please give me some ideas on what to do, lighting, anything for a good scare!
    Chamber of Chills
    2 Story Haunted House

2. Default  
    We do any outdoor trail for our haunt, so this particular one may not work for you. We had a large clearing off the trail to work with. My wife made half of a big top tent using material from the Goodwill store and I made a frame from pvc. Added Christmas lights and circus music, which could be heard by our patrons before they got to the station. Our stations were skit-driven and when the evil clowns came out we switched to strobe lights and heavier darker music. The crowd was separated from the scene by a "waiting line" rope. At the end of the skit, the clowns would come out into the crowd to move them down the trail.

The clowns were one of our more effective stations last year. This year, we are incorporating a panel maze into our trail and will populate it with the evil clowns. We intend to position the clowns in the dead-ends of the maze, as well as have some "reach-throughs" in some of the walls.

I encourage you to find some way to work the clowns into your haunt. You'll be amazed at just how very many people have a phobia of clowns.

3. Default  
    That’s awesome!!!!! I love it. I am for sure putting clowns in my haunt this year. I’m sure any way I utilize them will be affected! Thanks Tot13.... Need more Ideas folks????
    Chamber of Chills
    2 Story Haunted House

4. Default  
    A good piece of music to coincide with your clown exhibit is from the CD "Music for Zombies" and the song is "Carnival of Souls." You can download it from I-Tunes and then mess around with the tempo. As people walk up to the exhibit, make sure one of your actors can do a good clown 'cackle' or 'demented laugh' which they'll hear prior to entering. If you have access to a school bus, load up the bus with dummy clowns and put just a few 'live' ones. This always terrifies the kiddies, add some strobes, and the music, and it'll be a hit!

Cheers,

5. Default  
    A couple years ago we did one for the final scene/scare. I had a real looking manequin dresed as a clown, with the "pickles" clown mask sitting in a chair, in front of a large mirror (in think he had a knife in his hand), flashy christmas lights around the mirror. We lit the room mainly wth red, played circus music. Everyone thought the clown was going to scare them. Then, when the time was right, the actor came out from behind them in a clown costume, a clown squeeker, and we made a spark fence, except it wasn't a fence, on the wall so as he ran at the guests, sparks would fly. That was the pro haunt.

Last year in my home haunt, I painted a room to look like an entrance to a circus that an evil clown tookover, I made a drop panel, painted like the side of a tent (or maybe it had a clown head on it? i forget), and put "pickles" under it.
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

6. Default Weather proofing 
    As time nears to setup my outdoor yard haunt, and since I am in Texas and we might all float away this year, I am concerned about my props getting damaged by the rain. Any ideas or suggestions on protecting my stuff.

7. Default  
    Prayer and preparation.
    Secure like you would other personal belongings.I am in the Panhandle and I feel your pain We do a charity haunt outdoor and Ivan sucked everything we had stored out to sea It has been 4 years and this will be our first year back
    Good Luck Linda

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by slash View Post
    A couple years ago we did one for the final scene/scare. I had a real looking manequin dresed as a clown, with the "pickles" clown mask sitting in a chair, in front of a large mirror (in think he had a knife in his hand), flashy christmas lights around the mirror. We lit the room mainly wth red, played circus music.
    We have a new "Mr. Pickles" masks for this year. But, I didn't want it on a live person. It's too hot and cumbersome. But, putting it on a dummy is just the ticket. I also got a very large mirror from dumpster diving a few weeks back. I like the setup with the dummy/mirror/xmas lights and may "borrow" the idea of it without the same scare. Thanks.

9. Default  
    we always use black lights and black light paint for our clown area. Just gives it a fun morbid carnival feel. You can even get some cheap 3d glasses for the black light paint for morris or a few other suppliers.

sean

(dont forget the carnival style sinister scents. You can get some cotton candy, popcorn or what not to improve the circus atmosphere. Also Virgal has an awesome Killer klown CD)
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

10. Default  
    Two years ago we were doing a house scenario where the guests got to see the playroom of where the families child used to play with her toys. We had the room set up with dolls in a doll house (if you looked in the window of the doll house you saw bloody toys), then there were some stuffed animals, and other things that little girls play with. But her most favorite toy was a jack in the box (which I got off E-Bay for under ten bucks, and it worked). The guide would turn the crank on the box, and when it popped open, we had a large box decorated as a table (3 foot square), which had an actor pop out the top right beside the patrons. This scared the living bejesus out of them and forced them to the next scene.
    Steven
    Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Thread Information