HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Guess i'll be the first to ask!

1. Default Guess i'll be the first to ask! 
    To any haunts that have already opened. How is business so far? I am curious if people are coming out early. We open next Friday, but i have been getting tons of calls for about two weeks now. Makes me believe that it should be a good season.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
    Deadly Intentions Haunted House
    www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

2. Default  
    Netherworld in Atlanta opened last night. Very good crowds.
    ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

3. Default  
    The Akron Haunted School House opened last night (ohio)... It didn't have a big crowd when we left. But, it did have a showing none the less.

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    As far as phones showing how many will be showing up a certain night.........ten calls from the same 4 people in one group doesn't get me too "excited" anymore.
    "Count" them "Chickens" AFTER they are "Hatched".
    Maybe because people mostly have to drive quite a distance to get here but if someone usually says 15 people will be here I can usually subtract at least 5 or more from their numbers.
    I know some people chicken out and their friends never knew before that moment that they were afraid of a thing called a haunted house.

5. Default  
    The House of Nightmares (formerly of Mt. Vernon, Ohio now in Columbus) opened this weekend as well. Business was as expected this early in the season, but actor morale was surprisingly high considering all the dead time (pun intended).

I agree that phone calls and e-mails are a bad way to gauge your numbers.

6. Default  
    Not to hijack this thread - but I wanted to ask about House of Nightmares. We were lucky enough to visit it in it's original location at MHC in 2005 - what a great haunt/show!

Anyway, I wanted more info on what exactly happened to cause you guys to move (I heard a floor collapsed), what is happening to that old building, and what the new location is like (warehouse? farm? etc).

Glad you guys were able to set up shop elsewhere! Hope you (and everyone else) has a great season.

7. Default  
    We open in two weeks!
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

8. Default  
    Mine opens on Friday the 29th also...but from past years, it starts out slow then gains as it gets closer to the big H day!
    I am coming Sara! But I a coming very slowly, because little pieces keep falling off of me!

Thread Information