HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Electric Chair

1. Default Electric Chair 
    Hey, anybody got any ideas for building an electric chair? The special effects as far as smoke and electricity? Any good links? :twisted:

2. Default  
    You can manuever the smoke easily with a bit of engineering on your part and some coorigated tubing to make it pop out wherever ya need it... lighting would definantly be a strobe, on a on and off switch the actor could control on the armrest of the chair. If it's a prop... an actor or someone behind the scenes would have to do the on and off part.

3. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Check out this site... http://www.halloweenmonsterlist.info/ They may have something listed here. :wink:

Kel

4. Default  
    Also,
    I have a fog machine with a strobe built into it if yur interested.

5. Default  
    Hmmm,

As long as you don't use AC voltage, you should survive. But remember...it's the amps that kill you!
    Dr. Spooky Pants

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Subversive plots to destroy mankind abound everywhere!!
    One time men (powerfull men) were plotting to string flimsey wires made of copper all around the country and the cities and charge them full of electricity! All it would take to kill everyone is for those lines to be knocked to the puddles on the ground, that is if the invisible waves from the electricity doesn't poison everyone first!
    Then the ones plotting to place gasoline containers in cars! Wow!?
    Imagine 20 gallons of this gasoline stuff waiting to explode and kill you!
    (They hid the gas containers just ahead of the rear bumpers when nobody will ever notice them!)

7. Default  
    I always tried to do two strobe lights, one behind, one in front. The strobe behind flashing moderatly fast giving that feeling of rushing electricity (with nice electricity audio blasting), and a slow flash in front to illuminate the inmate (or whoever, corpse, victim, ex girlfriend) at awkward positions. Over all this there should be a constant dim light, I usually prefer a dim blue.

I always wanted to figure out a way to make a beating red heart in the body, but don't know how with the violent body movement. Thinking of a combo of the haunted mansions bride in the attic and shake n' bake.

8. Default  
    I made a very good oversized electric chait with 2 panels for a background. It had to solid red lights on each side, on one switch. Then I had a big throw switch that activated the strobes. I'll try and find some pictures for you.
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

Thread Information