HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Friday the 13th remake

1. Default Friday the 13th remake 
    Did anyone hear that they anounced the writers for this? It will be the same guys that wrote Freddy vs Jason. Also, it will be about Jason and not his mother.
    Jared Layman

2. Default  
    That's cool!!! All these guys are getting the full blown make over. I hear they're planning the same for Freddy and Pinhead.

Larry

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner View Post
    That's cool!!! All these guys are getting the full blown make over. I hear they're planning the same for Freddy and Pinhead.

Larry
    Why ruin classics? Is Hollywood that out of ideas that they have to revert back to making crappy remakes of horror classics?

4. Default  
    I don't think they are ruining any classics, I enjoy the remakes. I just watched the original Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Hellraiser the other day and they really seemed outdated and not scary. I don't think there is anything wrong with remaking the old movies with modern technology.
    Jared Layman

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindtumor View Post
    I don't think they are ruining any classics, I enjoy the remakes. I just watched the original Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Hellraiser the other day and they really seemed outdated and not scary. I don't think there is anything wrong with remaking the old movies with modern technology.
    I'll agree they seem outdated and not scary, but about the only remakes i enjoyed were TCM and Hills have Eyes wasn't bad. Heard Halloween remake sucked.

I just don't see why they couldn't be more creative and make fresh new movies.

6. Default  
    Friday The 13th - Not A Remake!

Platinum Dunes' Friday The 13th project. What do you label it? Remake? Re-launch?

After speaking to a source close to the project who wishes to stay outside from the spotlight (for now), we're striking the former term out of future reports on the film.

"It's not a remake", says our insider. Don't even expect an origin tale - as some production listings around Hollywood are pegging it as. Imagine if there was a story to be told somewhere between parts two and four, just add water (from Camp Crystal Lake), insert a leaner meaner, faster Jason Voorhees, set to "blend" and you've got the recipe for what Dunes, writers Damian Shannon and Mark Swift and the director Marcus Nispel got cookin'.

Thread Information