HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Questionable Scene

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Questionable Scene 
    Ok I was surfing the net particularly Myspace when I cam across this film of a scene in a haunted house. Question is... Is the material shown ethical to put in a show? Take a look and let me know. TY Link Below.
    http://vidsearch.myspace.com/index.c...deoid=13824835
    5 years in the business and still ticking
    Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
    USSN

2. Default  
    Worked For Me!!!!!!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

3. Default  
    eehhh, not really my taste. It was neat when the guy did it in the movie "Mouth of Madness" but I wouldn't put it in my house. Too many people know someone personally who committed suicide and they are not going to be amused by that. But hey, somebody has to identify the limits don't they?

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Word" and reputation get out, next year the ticket-buying public will be casting their "Vote", those greenish little rectangles with presidents on them will or will not be forthcoming to a greater or lessor degree.

5. Default  
    How does he do the smoke out of his mouth? The air cannon is simple.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

6. Default  
    It's in the shotgun that e puts in his mouth

7. Default hmm 
    Gee it's called fun with editing!

The film jerks right before the smoke is let out.
    Simple.....cut....take cigarette and fill mouth ...... action....exhale

Now I really might not agree with everything the Haunted Hootchie does.......but I also like to push limits.
    Gee could it get any better than this?

8. Default  
    Maybe it's because I'm younger, but I didn't have any issues with it.

I mean, we see it in movies and even on TV now, why would it be any different in a attraction that is supposed to make you feel uncomfortable?
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Spriggs View Post
    Gee it's called fun with editing!

The film jerks right before the smoke is let out.
    Simple.....cut....take cigarette and fill mouth ...... action....exhale

Now I really might not agree with everything the Haunted Hootchie does.......but I also like to push limits.
    You're right. I went back and watched it again. You can see it in the run off on the screen in the back ground. Like I said, to each his own. Just not my bag of bones.

10. Default  
    My father killed himself that way and I don't really have a problem with a haunted attraction doing it. It all depends on where you want to be as far as gore and gross out.

And, of course, on how many customers you wish to have. High school kids might love it --

might--

But their parent's won't. You won't get the middle school kids and younger, you will cut into the high school crowd, you will cut into every demographic group there is. What you have to weight is whether or not the cost (and there is a cost to everything) is worth it. Remember, you are not in business to entertain yourself. This is not to say that the critics are always RIGHT. Walt Disney faced tons of critics when he built Disneyland. They predicted his swift financial ruin. But Disney understood the market better than they.

Thread Information