HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Questionable Scene

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
  1. Default  
    is not every single nook and cranny art..??.it is for me..and i bet many more including you...from the time they get outta their car to the time they run screaming out the back...they have been emersed in Haunted Hoochie Art...
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
    I don't think I'd call the shotgun scenario art
    I think you would if you had created it. It's a really great illusion and no compressed web video is going to do it justice.

Hearing about the scene or reading about it in a review causes your perspective to be skewed. It's a suicide. Calling it quits. It's cowardly and of course it's repulsive. Your morals and values are working the wrong way against your brain and you receive it as though it were the real thing and you are reading about it in the paper or hearing it on the news (RIP, Kurt Cobain).

Fact is, it's not real and you should know going into a show that you're going to see things that are not real. When you are waiting in line and the anticipation is building up, you want so much to get through the door and have the bejesus scared out of you... Then you hear a gruff voice around the corner demanding that you get into the room so he can get the party started... a loud *snap* and the lights come on, you can see this dude's got the crazies, shotgun in hand... He starts to breath heavier and faster and you can almost see the fear in his eyes... The barrel comes up to the mouth and EVERYONE IN THE ROOM immediately starts to panic, shouting "Ohhh nooooo... Ohhhh shit... Awwww man...". BANG... SPLAT... Crowd goes wild. Not just sometimes, not every other group, every single time.

That is art, in my opinion. It just works.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

3. Default Um... ok 
    Um... ok. That's all I have for that. I'll stop posting now... maybe somebody else has something to say.
    Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
    Haunted Nashville
    Turbidite Manor

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by badass View Post
    its all art....and its all business...some movies are disney and some rob zombie....each attract an audience....myself and my peers are attracted to dirty nasty ugly gross horror...its funny....yes horror is funny....and we sell this to others of like minds...sure some do not like it...but we are true to our art.....we love what we do and it shows...and our fans love it too...soo may be its not for you...no one is asking you to do the same....you do what you do...it all has its place.....no reason for morality to be thrown around...not in this biz...its the pot calling the kettle black....all haunts are currently doing something objectionable to some....its the nature of the biz....loose a child and see how fast ya rethink a skeleton in a crib...just an example...not aimed at Hamilton
    Haunting is not a club..its a business...we have been around for a long time...and business is good...our haunt donates to 10 different charties with over $60,000 to childrens hospital alone.....Our approach might be different from what is the norm....buts its our approach and it works very well...we do not experience issues like vomiting or moral uptights...they should know long before they get to the door whats going on in here....the reactions we see are laughing and screaming HELL YEAH !!!!
    Ouch! I could almost feel that blow to the head. Well, you know my take on doing things differently. If it works for ya...GO FOR IT! I like how you wrote "haunting is not a club...it's a business...."

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ..so, in all of those serial -killer movies as the cops discover killer's place and here are all of those nasty photos of bodys all ripped apart and other little mementos from bodies laying displayed around the room...I sometimes wonder...which haunt did he work in last October?
    Ed Gein ?
    John Wayne Gacy? He was in the Iowa and Illiniois JC's back in the day , he was the Iowa and Illinois JC "Man-Of-the-year" and he loved to dress like a clown , now didn't he? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

6. Default  
    Whoa...Jim..don't go on another tri-state killing spree...
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

Thread Information