HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Questionable Scene

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    It might be a good scare to get you jumping, but I would not do something so graphic. I think they could have done something differant.

It would be nice to know how many complaints they have gotten.

Brian

2. Default  
    I wouldnt.

I went to Knottsscaryfarm with my girlfriend this year...She has had an unbelievable, horrific past...that I wont go into. Just know she has had a gory, violent past. We got through about 4 mazes, and she was emotionally drained. It DOES effect people....and there ARE people out there that have had unimaginable things happen to them, and they live with these memorys they dont wanna be reminded of.
    Dude you know what? The red inside is nothing to mess with, its real And you know??...killing yourself may be a topic that will distract from the show. You want to entertain them and strike fear in their souls,,,,not make them feel bad about life by seeing a suicide.
    However, if.....IF you pitch the scene right....it could work. I see a reall quick delivery on this if you were gonna use it. For example, lights come on in a room, guy shoots himself or whatever, lights go off....guests move on.
    my yellow in this case is not so mellow, infact I'm tryin to say, its frightened like me

3. Default  
    Just a quick note, The Hauted Hoochie/Dead Acres does this as the first scene you see as you walk in. When i was there people werent upset by it, but the blood flinger behind him wasnt working so all we got was the noise.

4. Default  
    It's not all that clever or entertaining and it will offend at least 20% of your customers.

Why do it?
    Guerilla Haunter

5. Default  
    I know it would make many of our patrons feel uncomfortable. Uncomfortable can do more for a mind set than an actor jumping out to startle you.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

6. Default  
    I tell you what wouldn't be bad though. Take that same scene, better acting of course and less lines. Have him lean his head back, put the gun in his mouth, and hit them right there in the legs/ waist with an airblast cannon- one of the good, homemade ones with a 2 1/2" pipe and no decent regulator on it that will make you jump even when you know it's coming. Then the actor screams with laughter and skips out of the scene laughing. Now in my humble opinion, THAT would be a good first room to set the mood. Heck I might use that myself next year.
    Last edited by Ghost River Duck; 10-23-2007 at 02:51 PM.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost River Duck View Post
    I tell you what wouldn't be bad though. Take that same scene, better acting of course and less lines. Have him lean his head back, put the gun in his mouth, and hit them right there in the legs/ waist with an airblast cannon- one of the good, homemade ones with a 2 1/2" pipe and no decent regulator on it that will make you jump even when you know it's coming. Then the actor screams with laughter and skips out of the scene laughing. Now in my humble opinion, THAT would be a good first room to set the mood. Heck I might use that myself next year.

Not a bad idea actually.

On another note, now that I think about it, there is no way in hell I would allow anything like this with a real weapon.

8. Default loved it 
    call me a dummy but still don't know how he done it, ok you say there is an air cannon, but what does the blood shoot out of when it hits the plastic. thanks

9. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Haunting" comes from Ghosts, which a suicide victim could be, a ghost. But a house full of murderers is a "Murder House",
    Gore, guts and blood is a Crime Scene. Funny how the definition of "Haunted House" changed over the last 35 years. Anyone else notice this?
    Maybe I'm more touchy about this since I have to spend so much time explaining to the general public what my house is not. I'm definately old definition here.

Maybe the haunting is what sometimes happens to the paying customers as the bloody stuff haunts their little dreams afterwards?
    Sure. that haunts many young minds, usually the ones who won't EVER be coming back again to buy one of your tickets! (I have met SO MANY of these victims over these last 20 years)
    They never return to the gore places, they don't send their friends, bring their kids, or tell their friends......lost income...kind of like serving rotten food in a restaurant, who returns for more ?
    Well, I have , but there was only one place in town that served food!
    "Food"??? Slimey roast beast and black crusted cherry pie, she finally went out of business! It only took 6 years?

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Castle View Post
    call me a dummy but still don't know how he done it, ok you say there is an air cannon, but what does the blood shoot out of when it hits the plastic. thanks
    Compressed air shoots the blood and glop. It's no different than your typical exploding toilet gag. Just load it with red stuff instead of water.

Thread Information