HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Do you think any of these house hauntings are real?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

7 63.64%
  • No..

1 9.09%
  • WTF?! Heck yes!!

2 18.18%
  • What's a ghost??

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Real haunted houses list

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Real haunted houses list 
    So its almost all hallowes eve right? I was looking up haunted houses and I found this real estate site....haha you can see how much the Haunted homes are worth....you coulnd't pay me to live in some of these homes.

Here is a link to the site: http://www.housefront.com/Properties/Haunted.aspx

Here is the list of homes they have on their site (they have a description of the hauntings on each house page)...

* The White House (Washington, DC)
    * The Amityville Horror House (Islip, NY)
    * Winchester Mystery House (San Jose, CA)
    * The Alamo (San Antonio, TX)
    * Madrona Manor (Healdsburg, CA)
    * The Sharon Tate House (Beverly Hills, CA)
    * President Truman' House (Independence, MO)
    * Franklin Castle (Cleveland, OH)
    * General Wayne Inn (Merion Station, PA)
    * The Stranahan House (Ft Lauderdale, FL)
    * Grant Humphreys Mansion (Denver, CO)
    * Hale House (Coventry, CT)
    * Strawberry Hill Mansion (Kansas City, KS)
    * Reed House (Asheville,NC)
    * Robert E. Lee Mansion (Alexandria, VA)
    * Ozzie Nelson House (Hollywood, CA)
    * Robinson Rose House(San Diego, CA)
    * Ashton Villa Mansion (Galveston, TX)
    * Donaldson House (Kansas City, MO)
    * Gaffos House (Portsmouth, VA)
    * Griggs Mansion (Saint Paul, MN)
    * The Olde Pink House (Savannah, GA)
    * Legare Street House (Charleston, SC)
    * Villa Paula Mansion (Miami, FL)
    * Sauer Castle (Kansas City, KS)
    * Robert Doll House (Key West, FL)
    * Congelier House (Pittsburgh, PA)
    * Edgar Allen Poe House (Baltimore, MD)
    * McConaughy House (San Diego, CA)
    * Kehoe House (Savannah, GA)
    * Woodstock Opera House (Woodstock, IL)

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    There is something else out there ......
    A skeptic will become a believer when the things start to happen in your life. Things that defy normal causes as an explanation, things that will be as real as four kisses across your forehead or a woman singing at 2 am in an empty underground room, or maybe a cute little girl in a long , white antique dress saying "Hello." then vanishing two seconds later , all happening at noon, outside in the sunshine........
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 05-26-2009 at 01:36 PM.

3. Default  
    Jim slow down on the sauce!!! LOL! Wow the girl saying hello was that the lady in white in the cellar??? Spooky stuff there!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    The Amittyville house is not haunted! Basically the owners in the 70's. The Lutz's fabricated a story of it being haunted. Because of the murders that had happened in the house before they moved in. Supposedly they were behind on the morgage ect and was about to lose the house anyway. So they run off in the middle of the night. Leave everything and became millionaires from the book, movie rights ect.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

5. Default If anyone wants to buy a haunted house? 
    A haunted, haunted house, not a haunted attraction, this small town has several of them for sale.
    A real estate agent told me about 5 different houses that they were showing in which loud , unexplainable noises happened at just the wrong moment in the sales presentation or from the last empty room they just left a loud disembodied scream would come from there, ruining the sale.
    One time after a Mother refused to see a house because she felt "Bad Vibes" from it her adult daughter did go in with the realator and were on the porch about to leave after seeing it when a loud serires of knocks happened from inside of the house opposite from where their heads were.
    They scurried back to the car only to hear the Mother say, "See I told you so!"
    The little girl in the old-fashioned white dress was playing in the dirt alongside an 1850 brick house due south of my house about 6 blocks.
    Sometimes hauntings occur along a merdian line.
    The man hired to tuckpoint the bricks came back from lunch stepped around the corner of the house to find a little girl with long, blond hair sitting, playing in the dirt.
    He was surprised but said, "Hello, ..how are you?"
    "I'm fine." she answered as he stepped back around the corner, then thought:"wait a minute, there are no little girls here at all!"
    Stepping back around the corner she was gone.
    She was wearing along, billowy white dress, sort of an archaic fashion.

6. Default  
    Jims house is another fancy fabriacated on going story about his bad trips on sleeping pills and energy drinks! A very bad combination!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    I don't believe that amityville is haunted. Just like the Blair witch movie, did anyone remember seeing sci-fi channel kept running what appeared to be a documentary on it first. It was a great promo to the movie I must admit but when I was younger I thought it was real. That for me goes hand in hand with what they did with the amityville except you had people in real life not producers. However, the winchester house fascinates me and I would love to go take a tour of it one day.
    ________
    Mercury Zephyr history
    Last edited by DollFacexHorror; 02-02-2011 at 04:51 PM.

8. Default They have none of my money 
    and they might be going broke, those who sell illegal drugs or energy drinks or sleeping pills, if they are waiting to see any of my money!
    About those sleeping pills...how can you make sure the pill is really sleeping and not just dead?
    I can't hear any snoring!

9. Default  
    I was so inspired by the story of "Robert the Doll," that I decided to write a little 'suite' for him.

It's kind of a creepy love theme between Robert and Robert, the guy who owned him.

Here's the track:

I'm hoping to make this into a short film.

Enjoy!
    G.W. Streicher
    GWS Films | GWS Music | IMDB

10. Default  
    Robert the doll is a well known haunted possession. Not a haunted house. Its just a strange cursed item.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information