HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: This year went Great!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Undertaker313, If your haunt is an indoor haunt (which I believe it is) you should try to make the outside as visually appealing as well. If the outside of the house is well lit, it will attract more people. Also, try purchasing a lightning kit with soundtrack to synchronize your strobes with lightning sounds and placing that outside of your haunt. In all, If you make the outside of your house look like there is something going on, people will come.

2. Default  
    it is an indoor hautn, but next year it will be outback, which will mean i will have to try even hard to get peoles attention by lighting up the front,
    yeah i will probably try and sync the light to music or something, thats really cool

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
    nice job to both of you,

quick question- how much did you guys advertise and if someone were to get hurt at your haunt would you be liable.
    Im thinking of advertising next year and just want to know my options are, cause without advertising i get like 10 trick or treators
    This year i advertised with huge road signs at major street corners and a sign in front of my home 2 weeks prior to halloween.
    Now it is the sign that i think brought the fire marshall out =/ ( that scared me)
    but it also helped double our attendence.
    I couldnt have been happier with the turn out, and as far as you being liable goes, make it safe and your fine.
    People can sue you if the fall at a doorstep trick or treating or if they get hurt in a haunt its the same thing.

4. Default  
    yeah , allright,

all i have to figure out if its allright with our township and i should be fine,
    But liability wise, cant do much about it.

Would love to see some pics of your haunt DeadEndDungeon,

5. Default  
    This year we nearly doubled our traffic from last year. We had 320 people walk through. Last year we had about 170. Though I think we would have done more last year if we had two guides like we did this year. So there was always a group going through the haunt.

We did some analysis this year as to where the people heard about the haunt. We tried signs in stores, rely on return customers, word of mouth, trick or treaters, and street signs(small signs hung on stop signs like all the yard salers do).
    We were surprised by the results and know what to go with next year. 18% said they came because they came last year, and 40% said it was because of the street signs. We put them up on the 29th. Only 7% came from signs in stores, and that was the most work, talking to managers and getting them to post them, and I did this weeks before Halloween.
    We didn't want too many showing to be honest with you.

Plus what helped is my house is across the street from an elementary school, so I had one of my actors stand in my front yard while the kids were getting out.

For a mid sized town in GA I think we did pretty good. Our goal next year is 450 people.

Thread Information