HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: anybody built one of these?

1. Default anybody built one of these? 
    i am looking for some advice or instructions on how to build a spinning tunnel.
    i looked at the pirates of emerson video and saw that they have a spinning tunnel..but i am looking to build one just like that..has anyone had any experience with this at all? i know the perfect place to put this in my backyard and i know that people would not come close to it in my area..
    please give me any information that you may have! Thanks!

Troy

here is my email adress: violinistwoes@hotmail.com

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Spinning tunnels can be also called "Yak" Tubes since people do throw up in them.
    A little boy was killed in one near Chicago a few years ago, he fell under some gears?
    There has been a fair amount of good info on building them on-line if you can find it. I always thought of building one but standing it on-end and having people walk under the effect, this way the puke stayed in one place(as they are looking "UP"), it stayed on them! hahahaha!
    I have my 45 foot high tower at the back of the house to put it in too!

3. Default  
    Scary Terry has built one. I talked to him and it costs about $3000 to make, so be prepared.

Here's the link:
    http://scary-terry.com/vortex/vt.htm
    Ben
    Tustin Haunt, Tustin CA
    www.tustinhaunt.com

4. Default  
    An inexpensive alternative would be a spinning moonflower light. I have used them in the past and have had great success. You get a similar effect as the vortex tunnel for about $50.
    Ben
    Tustin Haunt, Tustin CA
    www.tustinhaunt.com

5. Default Other sites 
    www.hauntworld.com/HowTo/Vortex-p.html

www.timepasses.com/vortex/index.shtml

There is also a booklet out by a guy named Ollie something. I was going to put my up for sale on ebay for three cents but I would have felt guilty overcharging the buyer. Don't pay $20 for it like I did.

6. Default Another link 

7. Default  
    Maggie Valley, North Carolina, United States
    if you go to the Monster list they have about three seperate posts each a dif way to construct one all very time consuming.

but as Tustin haunt or Ben says i have help put up the Scarry Terry tunel and it is a work of art very eddective and all this was during the day at night i could only imagine.
    The Care Taker
    John "DarkTombCreations.com"

Thread Information