HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: I'm not dead yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default I'm not dead yet! 
    Contrary to rumors of my demise, I'm still kicking. For those of you who might just give a damn, like Empress, Dirk, Jim, Ken and Ben - I'm sorry that I haven't had time to chatt with you guys. I miss you a lot! But I've just been SO wound up in trying to get my show on the road this year that I just haven't had the time, energy or heart to just sit and yack about what's going on.

Come Hell or High Water, The Little House of Horrors will be opening Friday the 13th - thumbing our noses at superstitions once again - under the banner of The Theatre of Blood. I'll let you guys know what happens when I get a moment. I plan to take Sunday the 15th off. Don't plan to get out of bed. This working 8 am till 10 pm 7 days a week is just ROUGH!!!

Love y'all! Mean it! Off to work at my 'Real Job' for a while. Then back to the build!
    ------------------------
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

2. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Glad to hear you're still kickin Scarlett! I know what you mean... I'm totally exhausted too! Fortunately, the adrenalin has kept me going during the haunt operating hours. At the end of the night, I collapse! Lee, Mari and Brad are all in the same boat right now... wiped out! It's definitely a passion and an obsession that keeps driving us! :shock: We're hoping to get a bit of rest this week so we can hit it hard this coming weekend. This weekend is Corvette Weekend in Eureka Springs and it's one of the busiest weekends in Eureka Springs all year. The inn has been booked solid for quite some time now. Between the inn and the haunt, we're going to be extremely busy! At least we're hoping that the big weekend will translate into big ticket sales at the Raycliff Manor ticket window! We're listed on the Corvette Weekend web site, so we believe that will help. Oops, I'm rambling. Please let us know how it goes Scarlett and I'll be looking forward to your report of tremendous success!!!

Kel

3. Default  
    Manitowoc Wisconsin www.nightmarefactoryhaunt.com
    Glad to hear from you Scarlette. Hope you have a great season and look forward to a full report over a few drinks at Transworld in Feb!!
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

4. Default  
    We miss you Scar! Glad to hear that you are well! Hope your foot is fine and dandy!

5. Default  
    glad to see your still alive and well !!!!!keep us posted

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Scarlett, I don't have to build my haunt, BUT for the last 2 weeks 2 or 3 things of import would break and I could only get one or two of them fixed each day! (Then run the house all night)
    I have done some major work here very recently and another one is almost done.
    "May All Of Your Screams Be Happy Ones!"

7. Default  
    Scar,

I figured you were super busy, Honey. Thanks so much for stopping by to let us know that you still love us.

I'm super busy, myself. My crew is getting on my LAST nerve and I'm really starting to hate that I don't have a life. Certainly not a private life. All of this is making me very bitchy....with a capital B!! The problem is, I don't know how to stop this bitchiness. I keep talking to myself to stop stressing, but it's not working. It effects my driving, the way I talk to strangers, my crew (certain members make it worse!) and my children.

Scar, have you been suffering the "B" syndrome, as well? I'm only asking because I'm hoping I'm not alone.

It's so bad that if someone on any board or forum crossed me, I'd probably reach through the monitor and leave prints on their neck! :evil:

8. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    I find it helps me if I can even get 10 minutes to myself to sit quietly and get outside my own head and remind myself of the bigger picture of things. Not sure this will work for everyone, but I believe any form of meditation, relaxation or quiet, even if for just 10 minutes, can't hurt. I was feeling it on Saturday night so I went into one of the hidey holes in the haunt and just breathed for a few minutes. It helped! :wink:

Kel

9. Default  
    Not to hijack Scar's thread, but....

Kel, there is no way I can get away from my crew. As you probably know, the haunt is built surrounding my home. It makes it difficult for me because I can never really get away from the haunt and what's going on and they won't let me.
    One crew member showed up here Monday after 9:30 at night to drop off tables for our lounge!! It made me SOOOOOO MAD!!!!! Hell, I was in my nightshirt for GAWD sake! Give me a break!

On construction days, I can't even go to the bathroom without hearing them calling my name and that's no exaggeration.....uuugggggh!

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Empressnightshade
    Scar,

I figured you were super busy, Honey. Thanks so much for stopping by to let us know that you still love us.

I'm super busy, myself. My crew is getting on my LAST nerve and I'm really starting to hate that I don't have a life. Certainly not a private life. All of this is making me very bitchy....with a capital B!! The problem is, I don't know how to stop this bitchiness. I keep talking to myself to stop stressing, but it's not working. It effects my driving, the way I talk to strangers, my crew (certain members make it worse!) and my children.

Scar, have you been suffering the "B" syndrome, as well? I'm only asking because I'm hoping I'm not alone.

It's so bad that if someone on any board or forum crossed me, I'd probably reach through the monitor and leave prints on their neck! :evil:

OOOOOOOOOOhhhhh, girl! You are so not alone in the "B" syndrome. I'm right there with ya. Between working my day job (including the mandatory overtime), then the haunt, and my most important job - being a mom, I am overly exhausted, therefore a major B. I still have a little semblance of hope as I immediately notice when the B comes out and immediately apologize, but even that is wearing thin...

We're only a week into open season, and I am dying to get at least 4 hours sleep.

Thread Information