HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How to scare people as JASON VOORHEES

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    This (somehow?) reminds me of the very lame guilitone we had in the JC's haunt one year.
    We were using an actual old shacky house for our haunt, complete with the furniture left behind so we made a crude dummy, laid it on the bed and built the blade and rack at one end of the bed, very lame.
    The next night we actually had more workers show up so someone took the place of the dummy, laid there awhile , then jumped up screaming(with no head!?) Scaring the crap out of the know-it-all, seen-it-all teenage boys who had been there when it was just a dummy laying there! hahahahahah! Gotcha KID!
    Whole new scenes? No, just "tweek" the old ones and get incredible mileage out of them.

2. Default  
    A good tactic?
    Use a real machete.
    That generally works.

3. Default  
    "Real Machetti" AND just to let them know that you are serious a big over-sized chest pack with the "Band-aid" logo on it!

4. Default  
    Getting good mileage out of those scares? That one is playing right now in Paris France!

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    Even though I hate movie character's being used in haunts because they are so over used I will still add my two cents anyway.

Think of a movie scene where Jason got that sudden startle effect from his victims. Maybe harness yourself to a tree one night (if you are outdoors) like you have been hung like in the 3rd movie ( I think he got hung in a barn )? Put yourself in their path and suddenly quick release yourself when they get close to you. I think whatever you do, it is going to have to be something that is sudden. Just seeing Jason coming towards them is'nt going to be enough.

I agree with some of the others though. You should definately set up different locations to move around and see what best works or just for reasons to throw them off.

6. Default  
    First you need an actor who is large enough to be very intimidating to anyone who crosses their path. Second, you need a realistic Jason suit and mask. Third you have to have a detailed set that looks like it's been taken straight out of a Friday The Thirteenth movie. In today's day and age a cheap Jason mask and Friday The 13th music doesn't cut it. You have to make people feel as if they are stepping into the movie. Once you do that people will forget it's a haunt and will become immersed in fright.
    Spooky Wishes
    Noah

City Blood: Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana's #1 Haunt Site!

http://www.ohioshaunted.com

7. Default  
    Maybe continuing on with that "Make them feel as if they are watching a movie" thinking...have some fresh popcorn brewing off set but close by somewhere.
    Have an older woman right behind them saying things like:"Why did he do that?"
    "Watch out! Don't go in there!" "In one movie I saw a guy who might have been in a commercial on Tv I saw once saying to his girlfriend..."
    and you can't forget the small kids whining,
    spill a big bottle of sticky Coke all over the floor!
    These things all say "Movie!" to me!
    They will be so scared!
    hahaah!

8. Default  
    Just a forwarning to using Jason in your haunt. If word get out to to universal studios they will shut you down so fast. It seems like more and more small haunts are getting those stop using now letters because Universal has their own haunt in which they use the characters and want to protect the property they own. Just be careful to not use Jason in any of your advertisments and pose pics of him on your website. If you do make sure you change his name to the "hockey man" or something generic.

Not really a answer to your question, just a helpful tip

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

9. Default  
    "Hockey Man"? How about he's the hockey "Ghoulley", you know the almost non-skater protecting the net-thing.

10. Default Hockey Ghoulley 
    That's a good one!

Thread Information