HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How far is... too far?

1. Default How far is... too far? 
    Okay, I'm sitting here one minor step away from finishing up this years yard haunt. Lights are up, facade is up, props are in the garage!

But the way I keep picturing the yard this year could possibly stir up the neighborhood a little too much!

To keep it short, disturbing scenes of blood, guts and gore! Of course mixed in with the usual graveyard scene that most haunts have!

So should I go for it or should I tame things down????

Feedback asap would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason

2. Default  
    depends on your street i guess! as for me it is always something disturbing
    anit that in its own little way of why we do what we do! :twisted: just my thoughts

3. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    My haunt has a civil war theme, The facade has a huge confederate battle flag and a union battle flag. On the trail you pass a conederate tavern "Tavern Of Lost Souls" from inside you can hear the dead confederates singing a confederate drinking song. The tavern also has a stars and bars flag. Now this all means nothing but, I damn well know that someone will make a stink about this. I for one will not let my vision be tailored by small mind people. I say if it is what you have invisioned then whats stopping you man!
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

4. Default  
    Thank you very much for the replies!

The only thing kinda stopping me is that this is an openly visible yard haunt and I get young children trick or treating on Halloween!

I have 3 children of my own and they are totally fine with what I do so maybe each of you have a valid point!

anyone else???

5. Default  
    If you have the space - empty garage - you make one bit more extreme and for kids tough enough to go through the first one begging for more.

When I was doing a home haunt this is what I used to do. Evenutally I separated the really scarey stuff from the not so scarey. The little kids collected their candy at the front door and the bigger kids were sent around back!

Thread Information